Menu
Csanders578
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 well received (generally)?

Just in my way over from Sky Q which is absolute rubbish. Judging by the forum, it would seem that v6 has been well received. Mostly gripes about cost which is the same with all the companies. Had a play with the UI at the weekend and so much better than Sky Q which has taken a massive step backwards. Ok not the prettiest but much more user friendly.
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 well received (generally)?

Yes generally good. A few little tech glitches which I guess you'd get with any new stuff. Have a read of the forum it'll give you an idea BUT remember people usually only come in a forum to complain! And 6 tuners! Never a clash in sight!!  It's fast and once you get used to the software the UI's ok if a little too 'let's make them press as many buttons as possible to do something' 🙄

Remember its best connected to Ted to the hub by Ethernet although will also work by powerline adapters or wifi  

0 Kudos
Csanders578
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you look at the sky forum it's full of people complaining so the comparative here is a lot lower.

Will the engineer connect it via Ethernet as norm or is this something different?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If it's near the hub Ethernet if it's a way always it'll be wifi or power lines

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

unless you have a house wired for Ethernet or don't mind a long lead from the hub to wherever the v6 is. 

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I love itSmiley Happy a lot faster than the old Tivos and *touch wood* had no issues with it.. I have 2 V6s and 2 Tivos. One V6 is connected direct by ethernet to the hub the other by ethernet to a wifi extender.. no problems with either.

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are already a Virgin Media customer "I personally" would wait a few more months before upgrading from TiVo to the V6 just to allow Virgin Media more time to sort out all the small niggles, and believe me there are a few.

The box is much faster and I do love it, I'm just having lots of little niggles with my box.

If however you are a new customer looking to join Virgin Media then I would say go for it right now,  Virgin Media despite what others may say does generally have offer good customer service.

If you do have issues with your equipment Virgin will send an engineer to fix or replace it no issues at all.

HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also Virgin Media broadband is 100 times better than anything else out there.

0 Kudos