cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

CDB1
On our wavelength

I guess there isn't or no one else has this problem.

trentman
Up to speed

Hi CDB1,

I'm sorry I can't answer your question re T6 hidden volume control but I do agree with you that the V6 sound level is lower than the old TiVo.

My TV sound level goes from 0 - 100 and was always set at 50 for both TiVo and Freeview but with the V6 I have had to increase the volume to between 60 and 66 depending on channel selection.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's no volume control on the V6, it's slightly lower than the Tivo but not half at least in my case

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

CDB1
On our wavelength

I normally have my TV set at 25, but when watching the V6 I have to go upto 45-50.
I'll have to dig my sound meter out to do a more scientific test. 😉

Doudar
Fibre optic

@CDB1 wrote:

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

I found that going in to Settings, Audio then changing Dolby Digital PCM to Dolby Digital helped with this.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

CDB1
On our wavelength
I checked my settings and it was already on Dolby Digital.

I also got a new battery for my sound meter and the V6 box is about 6-8db quieter than Freeview when watching the same channels on the telly.

Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there CDB1,

Sorry about this.

It may be worth switching the sound setting from Dolby Digital to see if the alternative would better suit you.

There are no known issues for the V6 being very quiet.

I also recommend reseating your HDMI cable or possibly trying a different cable.

Let me know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

I used to do tv and radio servicing. Surely there must be an engineers menu where the gain of the hdmi output can be increased. Come on virgin tell us. 151 don't know.

Don't ask how but I was comparing DD to the pcm sound outputs and again don't ask how but the sound level for the DD output got louder and is now normal??????