Menu
McFayden
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 virgin box

Hi
I was recommend virgin as they had great customer service, I got the lastest offer with all the channels and movies.

The install gentleman was polite and on time with great communication explaining everyhing he was doing and was a local chap.

He originally installed the wrong box but realised just as he was leaving and changed it all over.

The box worked fine that night.

This is were the problems started:

Wednesday the box wouldn't turn on and come up with a screen saying WELCOME in about 12 languages with the light a orange/red colour.

I contacted virgin media and booked a technical guy to come to the property to take a look. As I know that they are busy I wanted to book in advance so I called as soon as I could to get the problem resolved. With the technical chap books for Friday between 4-7 it seemed like just the waiting game.

My partner recived a text message from virgin just confirming that a guy will be out between 4-7.

I was wound erring if this may just be a simple problem that could be resolved over the phone, but when calling the gentleman had said that I had cancelled the technical guy and that no one will be with me on Friday??

This caused great frustration as I had waited just under a week for the TV to be fixed. They have now said they won't be able to get another person out to me for another week.

The guy was baffled on why the technical guy was cancelled so he then looked into it.

He rang back to then say that I had rang up and cancelled it and it my fault. This was not the case and i feel like I haven't got much further.

Is their any way to get my box fixed as I'm getting frustrated as feel like I'm being mucked about???
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 virgin box

Ok. Try this. Unplug the V6, count to ten plug back in. It'll take a while, go back to the welcome screen go blank etc but eventually it should work. 

Then do home-help-settings-devices-power saving tick either snooze (suggestions on ) or snooze (suggestions off)

then make sure you turn the V6 off when you aren't using it. When you want to watch turn tv on first then V6. It should work

if this doesn't work I'd be ringing in again. 

0 Kudos
McFayden
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had unplugged everything including the Internet advise by the gentleman on the phone left it all turned it off and back on again switched it off from the mains everything 😩

None of the remotes respond to the box as in I could be telling the box to turn off and it's doing nothing.

Occasionally it will go to a download screen then back to the welcome screen and then goes blank and then back to the welcome screen it's been on all day and nothing else has happened ??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi McFayden, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you have been having an issue with your V6 box since it was installed. This isn't what we like to hear. 

Since posting have things been resolved? 

Did the advice from Parrotperson help?

Has an engineer attended?

Come back and let me know so we can help you with this further if need be. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos