Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7 (117 Views)

V6 verification fail

Hello all

I've had the upgrade from TiVo to V6 and have not been able to verify the box.

No joke I've tried hundreds of times, all connected and switched on right.

I'm connected via cat6 Ethernet to V6 from working hub3, I've phoned Virgin and was told that my verification is stuck in the line somewhere and when they have control back of their system it should resolve, well this has been failing since 3pm yesterday, and as far as I'm aware it's not a drainpipe so being told that is a bit of an insult, these boxes seem to be plagued with this issue.

I've spoken to engineers who tell me it's a common fault that to this date has not had a resolution.

If anyone can help with the error c119 then please feel free to.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (185 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Dtwist
2 weeks ago

Re: V6 verification fail

Hi Dtwist

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the set top box, we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment. I really hope that means that you were able to get this issue resolved? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (186 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Dtwist
2 weeks ago

Hi Dtwist

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the set top box, we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment. I really hope that means that you were able to get this issue resolved? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7 (89 Views)

Thanks for getting back.

I've since had an engineer round to resolve the issue, which was with either the 50/50 chance of a non buggy box or the fact that virgin were sending the activation/verification to the wrong data channel. Either way the guy fitted a new box phoned them to send it to the right user(this time) and he did not leave until it was all sorted, which could all have been done over the phone by an engineer at their end without the need for call out, the engineer was extremely polite and knew what he was doing, so I'm a happy customer again after days of no service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7 (83 Views)

Hi Dtwist

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I appreciate it. 

I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved and you know where to find us should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7 (67 Views)

Glad your's is resolved Dtwist Smiley Happy as for me well must have the same issu, got Error C119 cannot verify connection. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7 (64 Views)

Sorry to hear that you are having issues fella, have you contacted virgin to get it sorted, it could be that they can check if the the verification is being sent correctly to the right channel location, but chances are that they will just send an engineer, if it's any consolation I find after having the Samsung v+hd and the tivo, that the V6 is much snappier and so far hasn't hung or frozen,and although the USB on the back isn't active to the system it is powered and is handy to use as a charger output.😋

Dialled in
Message 7 of 7 (47 Views)

Been in touch again today. Found out I need a splitter now my modem is next to tv in the front room and not upstairs with its own port.
They are sending one out might have it tomorrow, then have to phone again for another signal to be sent through to verify..lol
0 Kudos