Menu
baldeagle58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 upgrade

If i upgrade to the new V6 do i keep my old Tivo box so i don't lose already recorded programs?

0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 upgrade

Only if you pay the extra monthly box/tivo fee, but then if you network them you can watch stuff on the old box on your new one.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi baldeagle58, 

Thanks for your query regarding upgrading to the new V6 box. 

As mentioned by pgcowie, if you choose to do this there would be an extra monthly charge. This would be an additional £7.50 per month. 

Have you thought much more about upgrading since posting?

We're here to answer any questions you have. Just pop back here with a post. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wait.... I thought it was £11.50 extra pm? 

0 Kudos
baldeagle58
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't see me upgrading presently when you want extra money for the V6 and then even more money to allow me to watch what I already have recorded on my Tivo.
Obviously no customer loyalty benefits for someone who's been with you around 20 years!
Maybe time to investigate other options if you are not willing to be more flexible to upgrade.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There has never been a means to transfer recordings between boxes, and as they aren't an archiving device, the content is expendable.

Each box needs an active VM coa connection to function, and to be registered on your account, which has a charge associated with it. It's not a case of "let me keep my box to watch old recordings", it's a case of "I want free multi room until I've watched old recordings".

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
baldeagle58
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As i would be paying extra for the new V6 box anyway, its hardly asking for free multi room in my opinion, for what would probably only be a month. But the extra cost to keep the old Tivo is a 12 month contract!

0 Kudos