Menu
Paulgibson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 upgrade help

Why has everything with Virgin Media got to be sooo difficult?
Wanted to change my Tivo box to the new V6.

So according to the Facebook page and website all you only need is 100mb broadband and full house TV to get it installed for £50 + £15. Went to upgrade online and only option is £115, however can get installed on monday. Spoke on the online chat room who confirmed they could do it for £50 + £15 install charge. However would need to charge me an extra £5 a month and contrary to website I need the 200mb broadband. Also cant install until February. Decided to leave it.
Then discovered the website option of install available on monday. So thought I would try again on the online chat, then was to told January. Nobody seems to have a clue... All I was is to upgrade the box arghhh...

Anyone able to help?
I have 100mb bb, Full house. Wanting to pay the £65 and have it installed within a few weeks. Too much to ask?

Thank you

Paul
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 upgrade help

You have been quoted the correct price. Full House TV and Vivid 100 broadband a move to V6 costs £99.95 plus an activation fee of £14.99.

The price is reduced to £49.95 if you are on the Vivid 200 broadband tier, but that will come with a higher monthly charge.
Paulgibson
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok makes sense now. Thanks Graham.
Just need them to decide how long until installation can be completed. Don't fancy waiting until February.
0 Kudos
GumBall69
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have the Big Daddy bundle (TV XL with Sky sports and Sky movies, Talk International and 200MB Broadband). I have rang customer services twice today to enquire about the V6 box and upgrading my superhub 2 to a superhub 3.

On the first occasion I was told that it would cost £50 + £15 installation for the V6 box and an additional £15 activation for the superhub 3. I wasn't very happy about paying the £15 activation fee for the superhub 3 and by the time we had sorted this out I had to go out and said that I would ring back later.

On ringing this evening I was told that to have the V6 box installed and activated would cost £109. Needless to say I was a bit shocked. I told the operator that earlier I was quoted £65. But she said that was the price. 

So, how much should it cost to have a V6 box installed and activated on my bundle and does the V6 box need a superhub 3 and if so why is there an additional activation fee.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As you have TV XL and 200Mb, you should pay £49.95 for the replacement V6 and a single £19.95 activation charge, to cover both V6 and Hub 3.0.
0 Kudos
Paulgibson
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is everything so complicated when dealing with customer services. I like the products I have from them, but when ever I speak to someone I want to leave.
0 Kudos
Tom20
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I pay £35 a month for 200mb broadband, full house tv and talk weekends on a offer. We have just paid £49.99 + £14.99 for a V6 and it's arriving tomorrow, I can't wait!!!!
0 Kudos
reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tom20 wrote:
I pay £35 a month for 200mb broadband, full house tv and talk weekends on a offer. We have just paid £49.99 + £14.99 for a V6 and it's arriving tomorrow, I can't wait!!!!

Fair play to you if this happens, but please tread carefully. So far, most folk trying to get a V6 while on any form of introductory offer are being told that they will lose their discounts if they have the V6 installed. 

0 Kudos