Menu
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 81 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suggestions.

Just spoken to Level 2 support on landline who have confirmed it is a software fault and is not resolvable by changing settings/box and will be addressed in the software update that is currently scheduled for release in December of this year!

On that basis I don't think we'll have any problems keeping this thread open until its first birthday.

Arthur

auldyin
Dialled in
Message 82 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Well done A!
I for one, won't be holding my breath about December as I am now convinced that VM are frugal with the truth.
I'm gonna have a chat with the other half as this along with the proposed price increases make this a luxury item.
If I am expected to pay luxury prices, I expect luxury services!
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 83 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We are still investigating this fault and as a result, have not communicated any estimated fix date, apologies if you’ve been advised of one. The fault is being tracked under fault reference NKE9588, I will post back here as soon as I have any further information.

Thanks

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

0 Kudos
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 84 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian,

The guy I spoke to in level 2 support was very emphatic that this was in an update scheduled for release in December - I asked him more than once as this seemed to contradict other posts and information I had been previously given but he assured me it was correct and nothing could be done to improve on that timescale.

Could I suggest that something needs to be done to improve communication between VM's own staff as this is not the first time I have had conflicting information from different colleagues of yours?  It only makes things more frustrating when we get little in the way of updates and then, when we do get some information, it would appear to be incorrect. 

Now that we have a fault reference is there anywhere we can go to get updates on progress?

Thanks,

Arthur.

josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Still wish I'd taken up the Sky offer through work!!! 38quid a month for absolutely everything, fixed for 18 months!! I am a dufus I think! ☺️
0 Kudos
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josie,

Unfortunately life is like that and we do sometimes make decisions we regret.

I must say though that whilst I am sometimes quick to criticise VM on the whole the Tivo/Broadband/Phone service I find to be very stable.  I have been a customer of theirs for a number of years in various parts of the country and have had similar problems with both BT and Sky where what was promised and what was received were two different things.

The thing I find seriously frustrating is the lack of information - even if all they were to say is "give us another week, we're still working on it" every week I'd be a lot happier than I am now.  Currently I've been calling 150 at roughly weekly intervals and getting conflicting information each time I call - that doesn't help at all.

Arthur

josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 87 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arthur,

I'm not VM biggest fan. We've had all sorts of problems concerning reliability and speed of broadband in this area, and although it's better than it was, it's still not where it should be.

My contract had expired when the Sky offer came through and the retention team did a really good job of getting us to stay, faster broadband, new router, 2 new V6 boxes, no installation charges and a slight reduction in cost each month. We thought, ok, give them one more chance.

I come out in hives if I have to ring 150! You can have the same problem 2 days in a row and you never get a straight answer!

I believe that all 3 of the major players have good points and bad points and are probably more alike than they should be.

We don't have a lot of choice in this country, and I think they play on this and provide a service that is adequate, none of them need to be any better than this!

A very sorry state of affairs! When I think of how much I pay each month I certainly expect something much much better than adequate!

Jo
0 Kudos
iantos
Tuning in
Message 88 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Just waded through 9 pages to find there is no solution to V6 boxes not making suggestions.

i can live without them but it begs the question- what else is this box not doing.

Sometimes the picture quality is less than perfect and the engineer diagnosed this to be the input source, the cable or even the TV. Anything but the box which he eventually changed. Quality is still lacking from time to time.

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 89 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Iv always throught that with the sky cinema channels the quality isn't as good as I remember it (Movies now gone) and have thought maybe my 5year old HD telly is on it's way out but yet looking some other channels and comparing HD quality on my Xbox one I'm convinced it's not the telly.
On the other hand it could be sky downgrading the quality and remember not every channel is 1080p quality.
0 Kudos
patkingston
Tuning in
Message 90 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I too have just paged through all 9 pages (with constant 'ops, something went wrong' and 'there is no internet connection'- this is normal for my service.  I havent had suggestions recorded for a few weeks.  Disappointingly my Tivo isnt recording any Wish List either.  I had Frozen on a wish list for some time.  It was on TV as a BBC Sunday movie yesterday and it didnt record and it's not on catch-up either.

I was watching tv a few weeks ago when all went blank and the box restarted itself for no reason. It was very late at night so may not have been noticed by others.  That's when my woes started.  I've followed all the advice about settings etc this evening so only time will tell if it has made any difference.  I'm not sure it will after reading others on this forum.

0 Kudos