Menu
simonhp
Joining in
Message 71 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suggestions.

Same issue here.

Got new box like 2 weeks ago because my old TiVo's performance was so poor. Paid for a V6 and not a single suggestion has been recorded. I've added tons of suggestions and there's well over 95% free.

This is not what I would expect from a premium box. Not happy. None of the mentioned fixed in this post have fixed it.
0 Kudos
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 72 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This thread has been running since 30/12/16 and to date NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED!

This is a disgraceful way to treat people especially when you are still taking our money and supplying sub-standard services and obsolete or obsolescent equipment.  

This whole matter needs to be escalated as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED IN SEVEN MONTHS 

Marcop
Tuning in
Message 73 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue with my new V6 box not recording suggestions. It was installed by an engineer on 7th July, recorded suggestions up to the 11th July and hasn't recorded anything since. Have checked the settings and they are all correct. I wondered whether the date when it stopped working was significant? Anyone else experience suggestions stopping c.11th July?

0 Kudos
josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 74 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Oh joy of joys! So far we been told by Virgin in May to switch the box on and off, that old chestnut!!!! Hahahaha
Then we are given a link to what is an online manual which basically tells us to do what each one of us has already done! They obviously assume we are stupid!!!! Hahahaha
Then they tell us a fix has been deployed 2 weeks ago and we still all have the problem!!!! They obviously lied about that one!!! Hahahaha.
The icing on the cake though had to be the virgin robot who wants to check that we have done all of the above!!!!! Can he not read? Change not see that Jonny999 gave us all this information in a very early post in January this year and we all checked then? Hahahaha
I have to laugh or I think I would cry!!! They are inept, dishonest, and condescending. If they would just admit the V6 box was rushed and really isn't fit for purpose (I won't rant here about its numerous other shortcomings) and that they have no idea how to fix the problem on these boxes!
Rant over
MamaS
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 135
Flag for a moderator

just noticed my older TiVo box stopped recording suggestions now too. Weirdly the last recording is mid-July.

Increasingly concerned about our forum team members... not seen or heard for two weeks.... perhaps we should officially report them missing to the police....

ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Maybe they're waiting for their V6 box to give them some suggestions on how to answer us... ...
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 77 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting to the stage that unless something happens very soon I'm going to dump all of their "equipment" in the garden and phone the Police about "fly tipping"!
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 78 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Martin Lewis (MSE, Money Saving Expert) confirmed today on his site that 5 million VM Customers will be subjected to 5% Price hike in November.
Could mean up to £48 per month more on fastest BB packages!

Ho hum!!!
0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 79 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Bump!

0 Kudos
MamaS
On our wavelength
Message 80 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Just put the phone down from VM help, reached the lofty heights of level 2 support.

They're saying it was ticketed as an issue with V6 on 27th July, despite months of reports - taking Boston matrix approach? - and it's likely an issue with TiVo platform rather than box or settings.  

Since my old TiVo also stopped recording suggestions 15 July, about the point when I asked  for the old and new box to be able to see each other, i.e. put them both on the same account they think this is related to the V6 issue and have raised a ticket on it as well. 

Have promised me an update call week after next, Will post again if I get any more news....