Menu
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 61 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suggestions.

Please let me know how to apply for a refund as Virgin are not providing the service I am paying for!
Cheers

0 Kudos
MamaS
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Me too, no suggestions since v6 installed to replace old v box 2 weeks ago. Settings checked.  Older TiVo box recording suggestions fine, which is really annoying as the old one is so slow I could walk to the video shop faster.

Bemused, but not at all surprised after 15 years with VM, to find this thread has been open for months and seems no closer to being resolved, just the usual unhelpful, patronising, so-called advice that's left customers chasing their own tails....

0 Kudos
scartwright
Joining in
Message 63 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I'm another user whose V6 box is not recording suggestions.

Self-installed box (replacing Tivo) approx. 2wks ago.

Power settings set to 'Always On'.  I have cycled this setting between 'Connected' & 'Always' a few times.

Suggestions set to record on.  I have cycled this setting on/off several times.

My box has approx. 90% free space.

I have series links set-up and recording, and 'Thumbs' set for all of these and other programmes.

I've also restarted the box.

No suggestions are recording.  My old Tivo recorded suggestions OK.

I'd appreciate the same information as everyone else here:

a) is this a box fault (e.g. hardware) that we should receive replacements for?; or

b) a software issue, that is known and a software update fix being worked on?  If so, when can we expect it?

FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 64 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Adrian_H wrote:
Hi all, we are aware that there was an issue with suggestions not recording for some customers, a fix for this was deployed at the start of this week. If anyone is still affected by this, can you reboot the box and then let me know if there's an improvement please?

Hi Adrian_H,

I've noticed no difference.  

When you say a fix was deployed, is there a version number I can check to see if I have it?  

Also, when you say reboot the box do you mean Help & Settings > Clear or reset Tivo box > Restart the Tivo Box?

Thanks

0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 65 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Adrian_H wrote:

Thanks for your replies, can I double check that you have performed a mains reset and your settings are as per below ? 

Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Recordings =Yes, Record when there’s space

Home>Help & Settings>Devices>Power Saving Settings = Always on or Snooze (suggestions on)

Thanks

Adrian_H,

I don't have "Home>Help & Settings>Devices>Power Saving Settings = Always on or Snooze (suggestions on)"

I have "Home>Help & Settings>Devices>Power Saving Settings = Always on or Connected Low Power  or Eco Low Power"

I have selected Connected Low Power.

Is this menu difference suggesting that I don't have the latest software?

0 Kudos
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 66 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Team,

This is becoming an absolute joke and VM are completely out of order!

The V6 box is dysfunctional: REPLACE IT!!!!!

VM have taken money for a non-service: REFUND IT!!!!

Seems really easy to me so "Why not you"?

0 Kudos
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 67 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Adrian,
Once again I followed your instructions re Suggestions.
No difference!!
0 Kudos
Truth4all
On our wavelength
Message 68 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Oh well. There are some massive price hikes coming shortly, according to cancellations, so at least you all have a free get out of hell clause.
0 Kudos
sueysue
Tuning in
Message 69 of 135
Flag for a moderator

My V6 suddenly stopped recording suggestions around 2 weeks ago. Might be a coincidence but I noticed the lack of suggestions after we suffered a major outage that lasted for nearly a whole day,no TV ,broadband or phone.

My old Tivo is still recording suggestions.

MamaS
On our wavelength
Message 70 of 135
Flag for a moderator

FoxyScott wrote:

Adrian_H wrote:

Thanks for your replies, can I double check that you have performed a mains reset and your settings are as per below ? 

Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Recordings =Yes, Record when there’s space

Home>Help & Settings>Devices>Power Saving Settings = Always on or Snooze (suggestions on)

Thanks

Adrian_H,

I don't have "Home>Help & Settings>Devices>Power Saving Settings = Always on or Snooze (suggestions on)"

I have "Home>Help & Settings>Devices>Power Saving Settings = Always on or Connected Low Power  or Eco Low Power"

I have selected Connected Low Power.

Is this menu difference suggesting that I don't have the latest software?

Likewise. So I guess I have the same question. Now, where did that forum team member go.....? ;-)