Menu
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suggestions.

I can confirm that I have done a mains re-set - I can also confirm the state of my settings (mine is "Always On") which were verified when I reported as a fault by phone last Saturday.

Still no suggestions recorded as yet - disk is approx. 50% full so there is plenty of room.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 52 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Confirm re-set etc!
Cheers
0 Kudos
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Still no suggestions here.

0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 54 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks for confirming. I now have your box details so I'll ask for this to be investigated further.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

0 Kudos
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 55 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Adrian,

I supplied all of my box details etc. during my phone call to customer services on Saturday and the colleague I spoke to then told me that neither anyone in tier 1 or tier 2 support had been made aware of this problem prior to then but tier 2 had confirmed to him that it would be raised as a matter of urgency that afternoon and a resolution would be posted on this thread by the middle of this week (we went through this thread together whilst I was on the phone).

Your post a few minutes ago seems to suggest that this has not happened.

Can you please tell me exactly where we are in the process and what is being done and when we can expect a resolution (if known)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 56 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry for the confusion.

As mentioned yesterday, a fix was deployed on Monday, now that you and Auldyin are advising that it has not improved your end, I have asked for the fault to be re-investigated. As we don't currently know why the fix hasn't worked, I cannot offer you an estimated fix time.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

0 Kudos
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 57 of 135
Flag for a moderator

May I echo your sentiments Arfer.
Don't know about you but I'm totally fed up with Virgin. I just do not feel that we, the customers, are taken seriously. I have had Virgin operatives howling down the phone at me telling me to change an HDMI cable and not believing me when I told him that it was a new HDMI cable. They ended up sending me a replacement, totally obsolete V+ Box.
When they installed the first broadband cable, the guy wanted to nail it onto a newly laid, very expensive hardwood floor!!
Another time, the modem they supplied was unable to handle to the BB and surprise surprise they wouldn't offer a refund for something they couldn't supply and insisted that we paid full whack.
We stupidly but "loyally", had a mobile contract with them for.....24 hours! Two mobile phones couldn't make contact each other in the SAME ROOM!
Where, and what next?
Cheers
0 Kudos
josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Ditto!!!
Absolutely no change at this end, although my 2nd box randomly recorded 4 suggestions one day whilst we were on holiday. Nothing before though and nothing since and never had one on my main box!!

Wish I'd taken up the Sky offer through work!!!
0 Kudos
dannycotw
Joining in
Message 59 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I too am having the same issue as the other posters. 

1 V6 box generates suggestions as I would expect, but the second does not generate any at all.  

I have only used 12% of storage so there is plenty of space, I have ratings for programmes I like and don't like.

Have tried turning off suggestions and then back on again, have tried resetting the box and ensuring the correct power saving settings are activated.  Still no suggestions.  

Please can tech keep us updated as per any fixes for this annoying problem.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

A further week on and still no suggestions recorded.

Could someone from the forum team tell me how I register for a refund as I am not receiving the advertised service?

Thanks,

Arthur