Menu
josie1968
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suggestions.

Yep, I've got this problem on both boxes! Settings are correct, nothing on the bedroom box and 80% on downstairs box. Not had one suggestion on either box since they were installed a few weeks back
0 Kudos
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Please add me to the list of people whose v6 box is not recording any suggestions - had the box about two weeks.

30% full

Only the 1 box

Always on

Suggestions turned off and on (multiple times)

Planned recordings appear OK (Review this regularly)

Hiccups - Loads of entries - mostly "not new" or "Duplicate"

Thanks,

Arthur

0 Kudos
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 33 of 135
Flag for a moderator

There is clearly something wrong with these boxes!
Surely it must be very simple to give us all a new one.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Andy_Lboro
Joining in
Message 34 of 135
Flag for a moderator

What has happened? I now have 35 suggestions recorded. All recorded in the last two days after zero recordings since I got the box several weeks ago.

I have not done anything to my box to make this happen. Have Virgin done something from their end? Am I just lucky or have others found their problem has now resolved?

Andrew.

0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 35 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Andy_Lboro wrote:

Am I just lucky or have others found their problem has now resolved?

Just Lucky, nothing on mine!

0 Kudos
Andy_Lboro
Joining in
Message 36 of 135
Flag for a moderator

FoxyScott wrote:

Andy_Lboro wrote:

Am I just lucky or have others found their problem has now resolved?

Just Lucky, nothing on mine!

Sorry to hear that. I hoped maybe Virgin had done something. Very odd however that the problem just resolved out of the blue like this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting.

For everyone who's having problems with suggestions here's a link which should get you started.

Please let me know how you get on

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ArferSmith
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Followed the link but already done all this. But still not 'recording any suggestions I'm afraid.
0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 39 of 135
Flag for a moderator

How is this link useful to those of us on the thread with problems who have tried the suggestions within the thread already?

It makes me think 'we'd better get a response on as we've not done anything for a while and this will look like we're still trying'!

Remember the Bullseye gameshow? Look what you could've won if your V6 box worked as it should.

0 Kudos
auldyin
Dialled in
Message 40 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Don't know about you guys but I have just about had enough of this nonsense!
If you buy a new TV and part of it fails to function it will be replaced!!
If you buy a new anything and it fails to function the anything will be replaced.
I know we are not buying the V6 boxes but the principle is surely the same.
As far as I can make out, the V6 boxes on offer are not "new" as they are about 5 years old, but are hailed as "state of the art" and "frontline technology".
I have just had V+, TiVo and Hub replaced (as they were obsolete), with the 2xV6 and Superhub 3. These replacements, as far as I can ascertain, are an inducement for me to stay with Virgin Media having told them I was sick to the back teeth of paying £140 per month for obsolete, useless componentry and sub-standard services. Okay, there were also financial inducements and I remain grateful for that.
However, what have I really gained?
200Mb broadband (best WiFi connection came in at 50-60Mb sitting virtually on top of the SuperHub), more obsolete equipment, reduced service with Suggestions not functioning and sub-standard service as the Suggestions thing has been an issue for many weeks.
Clearly, the Suggestion thing is hardly "critical" being only part of a litany of issues.
I am a little bit better off financially as stated earlier but considerably less well off as my anticipation of better Media Services has been seriously disaffected!
Candidly, and I speak only for myself, I feel I have been conned over many, many years, into accepting inadequate, downright bad and financially draining services (and equipment) which are wholly unacceptable!
If remedial action is not proposed and actioned very soon by Virgin Media, "voting with my feet" will be my only option!
Cheers

0 Kudos