Menu
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suggestions.

BinghamBloke wrote:
The issue I find with Suggestions now I have a V6 is it is recording so many per day due to having 6 tuners it is only storing a few days worth (less than a week) due to the quite frankly stupid 50 suggestions limit.
Why anyone implemented a limit when it doesn't matter how many it records as it's not taking up space (if you want it) is anyone's guess.

Slightly late comment to a 3 week old message... but suggestions do take up space, they just aren't taken into account in the space calculation. That aside I wasn't aware of the 50 limit, and ideally it ought to only really remove recordings when space is running out.

That said I tend to have a look reasonably regularly and delete any I'm definitely not going to watch

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I know it is taking up space but when you have a box with more than 50% free and it still only holds 50 suggestions and deletes them on a looping basis then it seems stupid.

The old S1 TiVo and even the original Virgin TiVo before they messed around with it would have as many suggestions as it could hold dependent on how many recordings you had in My Shows.

No one has ever managed to answer the thinking about this when questioned.
0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 13 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have the same issue as the OP.  Is there a solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoxyScott,

A warm welcome to our community. Smiley Happy

First thing I'd like to check with you if that's ok is how much space you have free on the box.  If there is minimal space left this may cause suggestions not to go ahead.  If you can please let me know, I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 15 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This was from box fresh so nothing recorded at all until recently where I've only used <20%.

Storage space doesn't seem to be the issue.

Thanks
0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 16 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Any response?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoxyScott,

Thanks for your patience.  I'd like to get this checked out with one of our teams for you.  

Once I pass this over it may take a day or so to hear back, when I do I will get back to you with an update and let you know the outcome.

I'll be in touch.

Collette.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi FoxyScott,

Just popping back to ask if you can turn off suggestions and then turn it back on and see if this re-initiates the feature?

I have been checking with our fault teams who have been dealing with similar queries and when all else has been checked out this has worked in some cases.

If you can give this a try please and let me know if this has resolved it.  Thank you for your patience.

Collette.

0 Kudos
FoxyScott
Tuning in
Message 19 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi, tried that. It didn't work.
0 Kudos
Andy_Lboro
Joining in
Message 20 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Any developments with this issue. I have had my new V6 box for 3-4 weeks now and still no suggestions recorded. The box is only 20% full. Our older TiVo box is still recording suggestions in the other room. Not a major problem but annoying nevertheless.

Andy.

0 Kudos