Menu
benson2266
Joining in
Message 1 of 135
Flag for a moderator

V6 suggestions.

I have had my V6 box for a couple of weeks now and have added in my series links and liked everything that crosses my path even if it's just certain genre I like.
Yet tivo has not made any suggestions whatsoever. I have been in the settings and enabled the " record suggestions if there is space" function.
I am curious if other boxes are also failing to record suggested shows/films or maybe it just needs more time.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suggestions.

Thats odd, I get plenty of suggested recordings.. I've even watched a few Smiley Happy

Have a look through planned recordings and see if any suggested recordings are planned, and looking at hickups may or may not give you some clues.

0 Kudos
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 135
Flag for a moderator

It's a long time since I turned suggestions off on the TiVo, so I can't remember when or how it started working. But have you marked anything as thumbs up/down? Maybe it needs some of those to get started.
0 Kudos
jommy999
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 135
Flag for a moderator

my V6 default setting was selected Standby Mode 'Snooze ( Suggestion Off )' which it will automatically turn off V6 if you don't use for 4hrs and it won't record any Suggestions .

then i need to changed to ' Snooze ( Suggestion On ) ' mode which this option it will record Suggestions while in standby . so you might need to change it .

1. Press Home on your remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Devices
  5. Select Power Saving Settings

The power saving settings you can choose are:

• Always On - Your V6 box won't power down, no matter how long you haven't used it. If you want to turn if off, press the STANDBY button on your remote.
  • Snooze ( Suggestion On ) - Your V6 box will power down if you don't use it for 4 hours - you'll still be able to watch your recordings in another room, use the Virgin TV app as normal, and Suggestions will still record.
  • Snooze ( Suggestion Off )– Your V6 box will completely power down if you don't use it for 4 hours - if you still want to watch your recordings in another room, use the Virgin TV app as normal, and Suggestions to record when your box is powered down, you can select Snooze ( Suggestion On ) mode instead.

benson2266
Joining in
Message 5 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I am using the exact same settings as you and have been since day 1. I also changed them and then reset them back just in case there maybe a glitch or something.
I have about 50 thumbs up or down selections made but I still haven't had any suggestions.
I was just curious if it was just me or everyone was experiencing the same.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi benson2266, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your V6 box not recording suggestions. 

I would of asked the same questions as the users before me have done so I'm at a bit of a loss. Smiley Sad

I've fed this back in to the project team to see if they know anything. Once I get a response I shall be back with you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 7 of 135
Flag for a moderator

I have to admit, suggestions on my v6 boxes are a little strange.
I had two Tivo's swapped for v6's and I restored the series links etc onto the new v6 boxes.]

The lounge v6 hasn't recorded any suggestions at all, where as the bedroom one has recorded quite a few.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 135
Flag for a moderator

The issue I find with Suggestions now I have a V6 is it is recording so many per day due to having 6 tuners it is only storing a few days worth (less than a week) due to the quite frankly stupid 50 suggestions limit.
Why anyone implemented a limit when it doesn't matter how many it records as it's not taking up space (if you want it) is anyone's guess.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 135
Flag for a moderator

Hi benson2266,

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this.

The team have said that that they are going to take a closer look in to this for you. I can see another customer is also having the issue so we're waiting to find out what the fix is for this. Once I know anymore I will come back to you.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
awmaines
Tuning in
Message 10 of 135
Flag for a moderator

What I have noticed that, unlike my old Tivo box, my V6 does not record suggestions when power saving is set to "Always on".

0 Kudos