Menu
magoo2124
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 streaming off home networks

Hi. I'm new to the V6 and believe that we have the ability to stream recorded content on mobile devices and computers off our home network. Although this is tried and tested on my home network it simply won't work when I am supposed connected to other networks. Am I just doing something wrong or is this feature not yet available?

Also it is said on the My Virgin Media that if you have 2 or 3 email addresses then your able to allow other users of them addresses to use the tv on demand. However when I try this it says only virgin media customers can use tv anywhere. I have set the allow in the main account but still have this problem. 

Thanks in advance for any help 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 streaming off home networks

The V6 streaming of recorded shows only works within the same home network as your V6 box is connected to. It will not work anywhere else. To watch recorded shows away from home you first have to download the shows for offline viewing.

In regards to your other question, the app only allows the primary My Virgin Meida user to login. The access for addition users is via a registered browser on a PC or Mac.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
magoo2124
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 streaming off home networks

Ahh thank you Ben. I do work for Virgin Media but looked EVERYWHERE for the answers (didn't say anything before as I didn't want to look stupid lol) Thanks for your help tho. Only had the V6 about a week so still getting used to it.

Thanks again. Will send you a shout in the morning
0 Kudos