Menu
Notsosporty
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 starts with purple and green picture

My V6 box starts up with the screen showing only purple and greens. The only way I have found of reverting to correct colours is to switch the TV source to freeview or AV and back to the V6 boxes HDMI source. I have checked and rechecked all the cable interconnections. Could this be a box,  or installation fault. Should I book an engineer to sort this out. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 starts with purple and green picture

Badly made connection, and/or handshaking?

Something the amp itself is doing?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Notsosporty
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This photo is the fault state. I fixed it by temp swapping the TV a Samsung Series 8 (8500) Connect One mini connection boxes HDMI inputs (HDMI 4 {ARC} to HDMI 1 and back. I had previously remade all HDMI interconnections several times without effect, so handshaking might have been the cause. I was wondering if the V6 box levels might have been higher than the TIVO box the V6 replaced, nothing else was changed just a box swapout. The Denon is behaving perfectly, so not suspected. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The HDMI port has HDCP 2.2 copy protection, that may be something to do with it

TechHive wrote:

HDCP 2.2 also includes a “locality check:” If the source signal is not received by the sink within 20ms, the source kills the connection. ;

All Replies
Notsosporty
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have booked an engineer to come tomorrow to try and sort this out. 

0 Kudos
Notsosporty
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fixed it myself. I physically swapped the V6 HDMI output to a different HDMI input on my Denon AVR and switched it all on and colours were good, then I swapped them back and mysterious the problem is now fixed. Can anyone explain that one? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Badly made connection, and/or handshaking?

Something the amp itself is doing?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Notsosporty
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This photo is the fault state. I fixed it by temp swapping the TV a Samsung Series 8 (8500) Connect One mini connection boxes HDMI inputs (HDMI 4 {ARC} to HDMI 1 and back. I had previously remade all HDMI interconnections several times without effect, so handshaking might have been the cause. I was wondering if the V6 box levels might have been higher than the TIVO box the V6 replaced, nothing else was changed just a box swapout. The Denon is behaving perfectly, so not suspected. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The HDMI port has HDCP 2.2 copy protection, that may be something to do with it

TechHive wrote:

HDCP 2.2 also includes a “locality check:” If the source signal is not received by the sink within 20ms, the source kills the connection. ;