Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (162 Views)

V6 sounds like having a pc in your living room

Hi I have had the V6 box for a week now and am not happy about the sound of either the hard disk or the fan constantly whirring in the back ground. When I want to sit quietly and read a book I have to put it on standby but even then it will come on if a recording has been set. My old TiVo box although slow was almost silent compared to the V6. It sounds like a desktop computer in my living room and I need to turn the volume up just so I cannot hear it when watching tv.

Anybody else have this problem and is there a fix?

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6 (147 Views)

Re: V6 sounds like having a pc in your living room

Effectively you HAVE got a desktop computer. The first tivo boxes were like this too. Try standing it on a foam mat. Mouse mats work well
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6 (144 Views)

One thing to consider is what type of surface the V6 is sitting on and how it sits on it. You could hide it a cabinet.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (103 Views)

Hi richid01

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your V6 service, we don't expect your V6 box to be any more noisy than a TiVo box. The suggestions that adecooper and John have made are also very sound, in case the positioning of the box has changed since your last TiVo.

With that in mind, I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're detecting some errors with the hard drive status and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6 (85 Views)

Absolutely let the engineer take a look. 

Ours is on a glass shelf and the fan and the HDD are whisper quiet. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (53 Views)

Hi richid01

Thanks for getting back to me to confirm the appointment and for the contact information. 

We'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos