Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6 (140 Views)

V6 sound issue on SD channels only

Hi, firstly thanks for the assistance from Tidus and Kippies on my HDCP issue (still not happy but have manages a workaround with strict power down/up routine) I now have an issue with sound disappering totally on SD channels. No sound whatsoever on the channels and menu, which resetting the box had no effect. No diagnostic symptoms BUT turning both TV and box to standby and turning back on seemed to remedy it but only on one occasion. Otherwise happy with a switch from SKY other than a few adjustment issues that are my preferences but I am very disappointed so far with the issues I've had with the box in one week. Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6 (116 Views)

Re: V6 sound issue on SD channels only

Hi mrcleanhair, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue getting the sound to stabilise on your new V6 box Smiley Sad

As it's only happening with SD channels and not all channels, we need to do a little more investigative work on this one. 

Just so I can understand your current set up, how are you connecting your TV to the V6 box? 

Do you have any sound equipment connected like a sound bar or surround sound?

What settings do you have your sound set up on currently? 

Come back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6 (106 Views)

Hi Kate,
Thanks for the reply. Having had some other issues as well as this, ie no picture on start up and doing some research it appears it may be a HDCP issue. Restarting the box and TV in a certain sequence resolves the issue. I dont feel the solution is acceptable for a brand new box. It appears this HDCP issue is widespread. Is Virgin aware of this issue and is there any updates coming to resolve it? My connection is just HDMI straight to the tv. I don't feel buying a new TV is an acceptable situation so if you could let me know how we can resolve I would appreciate it. I think the Virgin package is great but this is starting to make me wonder if switching from Sky was the best decision.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (86 Views)

Hi mrcleanhair

I'm sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with the audio on SD channels. 

What sequence are you doing that temporarily resolves the issue? Also, how have you got your TV connected to the set top box? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6 (78 Views)

The box is connected to the tv via an HDMI cable and I am still experiencing sound and picture loss problems. Would appreciate somebody actually trying to help me with my problem. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (58 Views)

Hello mrcleanhair,

Thanks for your reply.

What I would like to do next is to arrange for one of our engineers to take a look at this for you so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos