Menu
Sherwin1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 sound No Picture

I upgraded to a V6 box The Other week, and now I wish I hadn't! Like others on the forum, I have sound and menus, but no TV picture on switching on the TV (Sony Bravia), regardless of whether the V6 box is on or off at the time. And, like others, I have to put the V6 into standby at least twice some times up to 6 or 8 times before the picture kicks in. I get all the menus and and sound I have followed all the advice on the forums - changing the video format to passthrough, changing the HDMI cable (twice), waiting for ages to see if a picture appears ... nothing works, yet my old Tivo didn't give any problems. I am really cross and fed up - the faffing around A virgin media enginner came out and said its a known issue and said is due to my HDMI is out of date on the TV Maybe but wasnt sure my old Tivo didn't give any problems.. I know there is only one standard for HDMI at this time. They testes with a test machine and said well it works for my test tv and left.  Entertainment isn't supposed to be stressful! I am paying for a service but have to keep calling up 150 and spending time on the phone to technical support and getting no further... HELP me please....

Please can someone in the tech dept try to sort this out? It is clearly a V6 problem that is frustrating a lot of people!

0 Kudos
Sherwin1983
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 sound No Picture

Still nothing from Virgin Media...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sherwin1983,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happening.

Do you leave the box in standby overnight or leave it on and just switch the TV off?

And if so does this still happen if the box is in standby first before you turn on your television?

I'd also recommend trying a different HDMI port at the back of your television and also checking the power saving settings of your V6.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sherwin1983
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you leave the box in standby overnight or leave it on and just switch the TV off?

- Standby Via the remote

And if so does this still happen if the box is in standby first before you turn on your television?

- Yes still happened regardless of order

I'd also recommend trying a different HDMI port at the back of your television and also checking the power saving settings of your V6.

- Replaced HDMI Cable , Different Port on TV and Removed all power Saving Settings still no changes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sherwin1983,

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with this!

As the technician said, this is a known issue that our team are working to resolve. We don't have a fix time for this yet but we're hoping to get a firmware update out as soon possible.

We'll update the Community when we know more.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Loinerlooking
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean the known issue is generic or specifically with Sony bravia TV as I have this same issue and same TV?

0 Kudos
Sherwin1983
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will I be getting a rebate on my account? I have a support called with 150 for virgin media saying someone would call me in 48hrs its been a week and no call back

0 Kudos