Menu
Zabih
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 should have been free for loyal customers with 2+ years

I am very disappointed to hear that we have to pay for V6 boxes and also enter a new contract. It should be free on current contract for people who have been with Virgin media for more than two years giving the fact the price of TV tech hardware is so low compared to mobile phones
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 should have been free for loyal customers with 2+ years

A £300 or more TV box for £49.95 isn't so bad.

How do you know TV tech is cheap compared to mobile phones? Do you work in the component industry?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Zabih
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't know how much a V6 box costs to make but looking at Amazon fire box, and Xiaomi Mi box, sky now boxes which are much faster and fluid compared to v5. I can say that it is pretty cheap to make them. Yes those boxes I mentioned don't have recording features but with the technology today it doesn't cost an arm and leg to have recording features
0 Kudos
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You're comparing apples to oranges here, especially something like an Amazon Fire box, put half a dozen tuners and a hard drive in that and it'd most likely triple in cost if not more.

I do however agree we shouldn't have to pay for the boxes. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I suspect the V6 has a 2.5" hard drive, you couldn't even buy the drive for the price virgin are charging, as for giving them for free that's an expensive outlay if the box costs £100 for virgin to produce that's £200 odd million to replace tivos not many companies would absorb that sort of cost

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New customers get them free if they sign up for the VIP package, they actually get two V6 boxes free.

Existing customers have to pay £49.99, come on Virgin Media do the right thing and reward the existing customers who have had to put up with the sub standard TiVo for years.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

cjp1 wrote:

New customers get them free if they sign up for the VIP package, they actually get two V6 boxes free.

Existing customers have to pay £49.99, come on Virgin Media do the right thing and reward the existing customers who have had to put up with the sub standard TiVo for years.

Which boxes did you receive at no cost when you joined as a new customer then?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
stuartgiles
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I queried the £49.99 charge when I was ordering the V6 and they eventually agreed to waive it (just had to pay the installation) so it is worth a try. Don't see why we should pay for something we will never own and pay to install it.

PhilipF
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Two boxes for 49.99 no other charges.

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I paid over £1700 to VM for all my services in 2016, have been a customer for over 20 years and they can't give me two new "rented" boxes for free to replace two boxes that don't perform as expected?

Something doesn't seem right!