Menu
leemacca25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote suddenly not turning on tv

Hello,

Another conundrum that makes no sense!

My V6 remote has been paired to the box and tv since it was installed and could control volume, mute and turn the tv on and off

All of a sudden it cant turn the tv on but can do everything else still?! Ive reset it, repaired it etc but it wont have it

Any suggestions?! (its a Philips tv btw)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote suddenly not turning on tv

Hi leemacca25, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with getting your remote control working. Smiley Sad 

Can you try re-pairing the remote again for me by following these steps to do this:

1. Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Remote Control Pairing.

2. Press and hold the Info button for 7 seconds until the light at the top of the remote goes solid green then flashes green twice.

If this doesn't work then the issue could be related to a possible known issue.

NKE00008484: V6 (Remote not responding): The box no longer responds to key presses from the remote control. 

Usually a reboot resolves this so if it's not then we may well need to look at a replacement. Try the tips here first: Fix Virgin TV Remote Problems

If you're still having an issue after doing this, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
leemacca25
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote suddenly not turning on tv

Hello, ive done all that and it works fine in every operation apart from turning the tv on now when it would previously so i dont think it will be that error

It could well be a Philips firmware update has knackered it so i was just looking to see if anyone else had a similar issue recently so i can determine what may have actually caused the change Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos