Menu
Shimmyhill
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote problems

We have 2 V6 boxes and the bedroom one has all sorts of issues with the remote, over the past few days I have had to power the box off and then on to get it working - works for a day and then stops working but the living room box is fine.

I have tried new batteries, pairing it with the box but the cycle continues - it did happen just after the install but then worked for a few weeks fine.

The remote will still control the tv but not the box, is it a bad remote or faulty box - I did a search and have seen a load of issues but people asking to call VM directly so I wonder how people are getting this resolved or did they get new boxes?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote problems

Hi there Shimmyhill,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the issue experienced. :/

This is a known fault that the team are currently working to resolve ASAP. The workaround for this at the moment is to reboot the equipment and as mentioned in your post, I can see that you're already completing this action in order to get it to function properly again.

Really very sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will be sure to advise the Community further regarding this once more information is available.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ozwald1961
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have the same problem, my set up is very recent and there was no mention of any known faults by the sales guy!! I feel robed at the moment and I believe Virgin to be in breach of contract??

Tony.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with the remote control. Smiley Sad

As mentioned by Nat_J above this is a known fault. We are working on getting this resolved however for now, rebooting the box should help. 

I understand it's frustrating however sometimes faults will happen. We work hard to get them resolved as soon as possible. It's impossible for us to offer a 100% fault free service which is why we don't pretend to do this. 

We're not in breach of your contract as we are providing you with the services you requested. With regards to the remote, this is something we are working on and in the meantime there is an effective work around. 

Once we have any updates we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If this is a new service, you have a 14 day cooling off period if you would rather cancel than wait.
0 Kudos
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is not an effective workaround having to restart your box every 15 - 30 mins at all.

Been a fault since at least Jan.

When can we expect a fix?
0 Kudos
Shimmyhill
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Our bedroom box that had the issue has been fine for months and then this week it’s back, assuming there has been a fix in the past could it be a faulty remote now?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shimmyhill,

Thanks for getting back in touch and sorry to hear the issue has returned.  Have you tried changing the batteries to help rule this out?

As far as I can see the previous known issue is not present anymore so it may well be an individual remote control issue.  

Let me know if you have checked the batteries and if you still require any further assistance let me know.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Shimmyhill
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, sorry for the delay - we have changed the batteries (several times) and it’s getting worse Smiley Sad

Tonight the box wouldn’t even power on from the remote and of late if you spend a couple of hours watching the box it will need to be powered off/on a couple of times - zero issues with the other box.

Is the remote just faulty or is there anything else we can try?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shimmyhill

Apologies for the continued problems you're experiencing with your service. 

There's no active known issues regarding this at the moment so I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos