Menu
deehar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote not controlling the V6 box

I had the V6 installed today, and the engineer set up the remote to control on tv as well, all been well until now, I changed the channel as normal, after watching the programme wanted to watch a different channel and the remote won't work, I've changed the batteries, strange thing is the remote will still turn the TV on and off and change the volume, just won't do anything on the V6

0 Kudos
deehar
Tuning in
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote not controlling the V6 box

Just to add, I've tried to pair up using v6 box and remote, get the green lights when done, and also smart phone app DOES operate to V6
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi deehar, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using the V6 remote with your box. 

Since posting, has anything changed with this? 

Come back and let us know so we can look into this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
deehar
Tuning in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply,

The remote is still not working correctly, it's a daily occurrence, the red light on the control lights up when pressed. when it won't control the V6 it will still control the volume on the TV as the engineer sync up the remote to the TV.

Luckily we have an old V+ controller that works fine, but prefer the smaller V6 controller.

0 Kudos
Rob_W
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just wondering if you manged to get this issue resolved as I have the same problem. V6 installed earlier today and now the remote only works intermittently, have tried pairing etc but makes no difference.

Resorted to the old Tivo remote.
0 Kudos
deehar
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hl

Unfortunately the problem still remains, although now if I apply pressure to the back of the remote by pressing it down on a sofa arm it works, so is it a connection inside? I really have no idea!, but like before, the volume button works everytime.

eduardobianco
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

Is there any official word from Virgin on this? Installed V6 yesterday. Seemed fine. However, the remote is next to useless. System has been rebooted and repaired.

The Home button, channel up and down button and lots of others just don't work. However, hold it with two hands and press the underside bottom indent on the battery compartment whilst navigating the remote with the other and it works fine.

Clearly a hardware issue with remote and whilst the workaround is do-able having to do it is a bit embarrassing for Virgin.
0 Kudos
deehar
Tuning in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Nothing official from Virgin yet.

0 Kudos
keith51
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

V6 installed today, remote works all functions except volume/mute. Followed instructions to pair remote with box, did not work. My old Tivo remote DOES work though ( as does my tv remote of course).

0 Kudos
Rexer
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Keith51.... you are confusing the issue here mate, your problem is because you need to enter a code for it to control certain things on your actual tv. 

The issue many of us are having is that the controller will not control the actual V6 Tivo.......

0 Kudos