Menu
MBRuss
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote has a mind of its own!

Hi folks, I've had had my new Virgin package installed and when trying to set up the TV and first using it I noticed that it appears to have a mind of its own.

When trying to search for a programme in the guide, typing on the number pad is very erratic. I can press the 7 key 4 times for the letter S, and get two S'es, or maybe even four of them. I might even get four 7's! Then using the rewind key as a backspace either deletes the two previous characters, or clears everything. Then when I start typing again, often whatever was in the box before I clicked delete suddenly re-appears!

I also tried using the arrow keys to use the on-screen keyboard, but again pressing the arrow key once could cause the cursor to move once, twice, or three or four times! As such, it's impossible to do a search using the V6 remote. I tried for probably half an hour, pressing it quickly, turning it away from the box after pressing the button, everything, but gave up before the remote ended up embedded in the wall.

If I use the Virgin app on my phone the box responds fine, but using the remote causes all the problems.

Any ideas what the problem could be? The remote flashes once each time I press the button, but the V6 box slowly keeps adding more characters, or moving the cursor further than required.

Help!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote has a mind of its own!

Have you paired it to the V6? 

Try home help settings devices remote control pairing 

MBRuss
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I didn't know you needed to do this, after all, the remote operates everything for the most part, it's not like nothing is happening, it just adds extra button presses! I'll try to pair it and see if that helps.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MBRuss
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help - just tried your suggestion and remote is now responding quickly and correctly. :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MBRuss, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with your remote. 

It's really great to hear that Parrotpersons suggestion resolved things for you. 

If you have any further issues pop back and let us know.

As a new V6 user, have a browse through the other threads. and jump in if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos