Menu
Valentino-46
Joining in
Message 41 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote control intermittently unresponsive for minutes at a time

I'm having the same problem with my V6 remote. Re-booted the box, replaced the batteries and it's made no difference. Very disappointing.
0 Kudos
Callinder
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I had to phone Virgin and they sent me another remote. This has worked fine so far although the V6 box seemed to have problems recognising the signals sent by the remote. I had to fix this by rebooting the box. So far I've been less than pleased with my "upgrade".

0 Kudos
wakey18
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Any updates please? I started having this issue the other day when I paired the remote to the v6 box.
0 Kudos
Callinder
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Since I received my new remote, and didn't pair it, despite the initial hiccough everything has been fine with no further problems. If you're having problems after pairing then it seems getting another remote is the way to go.

wakey18
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer visit to do with something else, I explained the issues with the remote.
Although he didn't know anything about this issue with the remote, say a lot about the known issue, he replaced and checked it for me.
He said he paired it and so far I've had no further issues.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 46 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi wakey18,

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress.  I'm pleased to hear the remote has been paired ok now for you.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.

I hope all is working ok for you.  We're here to help anytime you need us.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MGO
Joining in
Message 47 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi all.

NOT HAPPY WITH VM

I was very happy for a couple of years with virgin media using the Tivo box. About 10 days ago i had a phone call saying i could have a free upgrade to the V6 box, which was installed last Saturday 10th June. After the engineer left, the new V6 remote was intermittantly working then not working as other people on here have commented. After several reboots, re-pairing, new batteries etc i contacted VM who said they had never heard of this issue and sent me a new remote in the post. Looking on this forum, it is clearly a known issue since January with a report log no. NKE00008484: V6 (Remote not responding): The box no longer responds to key presses from the remote control.

Anyway, new remote came Thursday 15th June, paired it, worked for a bit, then didnt, then did - same as before. After another call to VM, I had an engineer visit this morning 17th June. After seeing the fault he changed my V6 box, and after pairing the remote again, it worked, for a bit, then failed as he was trying to change channels.

At all times the red led on the remote lights then you press a button. At all times the remote still controls the volume and power on my Samsung Tv (yes i do know it is an IR link)

So basically i have had a complete new remote and V6 box, and the fault is still present. There is obviously either a hardware or software issue with either the remote or the V6 box.

And on another issue with the V6 box, when watching HD channels, there is a lip sync problem, it is a very irritating noticable delay between the video and audio, this has been a fault on both my V6 boxes, but i never had the problem on the good old trusty Tivo box.

I should say that the engineer who attended (Jody) was excellent and admitted that he had never seen these issues before today and was baffled. He is going to report it.

So come on Virgin Media, you have known about this problem for 6 months now and are still installing V6 boxes with issues, which no doubt will come back to haunt you in the future with all these warranty issues.

Please can we all have an answer other than "we are looking into it" as you have had long enough, and please stop installing faulty equipment so that no one else has these problems - i wish I never said yes to the free upgrade.
0 Kudos
Callinder
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I had to get a new remote as well but decided that as it worked fine using IR I chose the "if it's not broken don't fix it" philosophy and didn't both to pair it with the V6 box. It's been a few months now and so far so good. I think it's pretty clear they are aware of the problem but don't want to make it public and acknowledge there's a problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 49 of 63
Flag for a moderator

HI MGO,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience since the upgrade.  I'd like to help with your query.  

I have had a look and at the moment we haven't had any new update in regards to an estimated fix time.  We're keen to find a solution to this so our engineers are working to resolve this as soon as they can.  I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific with a fix time at this point.

In relation to the picture/sound sync issue, I have had a look at the box remotely, all looks ok from here so far.  Do you have any audio equipment connected?  If so, does the same happen when it's disconnected?

Please keep me posted, I'm here to help.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
iglad
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem with the remote as I got the V6 box this weekend and the new unresponsive but a full reboot (unplugged) appears to have fixed it. thanks for the info.

0 Kudos