Menu
fumper
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote beeping and rf

When looking up the features of our Newley installed v6 box some of the new things it says it can do seem to be missing. It says that the remote uses rf radio signals and not infrared and it states that if you TiVo box is stashed away in a tv unit it will still work. This does not seem to be the case when trying it with the door to the tv unit closed it don't work until it's opened again. Also one feature is if you loose your remote behind a cushion on the sofa you can press the ^ button on the v6 box itself for 10 seconds and the remote will start to beep so you can find it. Does anybody know if these are features that have to be enabled later down the line with an update or Ines that were touted but left out in the final product.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote beeping and rf

I'm sure I recall posts on here about pairing the remote to the box. Search this forum or look at the V6 manual.  http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=9216CD77-BD89-4B7B-8446-CAB63BEEE561

Go to page 6 of the V6 user guide - step 2.

fumper
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info and link. It looks like they have me an old remote with the v6 box as the new one looks slightly different.

Thanks for the advice.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Be sure to call in and get the correct, smaller remote.

fumper
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just ordered one from Amazon £9.99 I know could've probably got one from them for free but I can't be doing with the aggro of phoning up and explain the situation to someone from Delhi
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hope you've ordered a V6 remote and not just another TiVo remote.

Do you have a link to what you've ordered on Amazon?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ordered one from Amazon?!

Link?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
fumper
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here's the link for it on amazon

NEW VIRGIN V6 Model TiVo Remote BLUETOOTH https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MTRZPSX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aHqAybATF5QM9
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We'll see what turns up then...

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos