Menu
Surly
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 reboots

Hi all
Had my V6 box installed just before Xmas and initially was v.impressed. Super quick compared to old TiVo and I don't have to wait 3 mins to get into Netflix.
Since then I've experienced a few issues with having to reboot almost every day. The box doesn't respond to remote and I have to reboot. Quite annoying.
Anybody know if there is a firmware fix or maybe the box is faulty?
Thanks
Simon
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 reboots

....or may be the remote unit? It's probably quicker to ring up 150 and get another Remote to check that out first. Personally I always ensure that at least 2 remote units are supplied anyway! I haven't bothered with V6 as the legacy Tivo(Cisco 8620) remotes work enough for most V6 functionality and IOS/Android TV Anywhere app gives Remote function as well if you have tablet/smart phone hardware?

Latest firmware is R12 I believe and more likely the V6 remote needs re-pairing(see V6 onscreen help) but not impossible of course to have faulty V6 either!
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Surly,

Welcome to the community.

From the description you have given I would like to arrange for one of the team to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Surly
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rosy
Sorry the problem has returned in a big way. I've had to reboot my box 3 times today as it's stuck on 'waking up' page.
Can I book an engineer appointment once more.
Any chance something is free on 8th March?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Surly,

Yes that's okay I'll just need to send you a private message again so please reply to it when you can.

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
matrix751
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My new V6 box reboots most of the time. Gets annoying when your programs stop recording due to this issue. This is my 2nd V6 box i have got as the 1st one did it all time engineer replaced it which i lost all my recordings. Since ive got the V6 all the service has gone poor even the internet im on vivid 200 gamer and at night its slow due a utilisation error which doesn't seem to get fixed. Having pay what i do i think it shouldn't be happening, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi matrix751, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your having an issue with your V6 box rebooting all the time Smiley Sad 

Checking your account, it looks as though everything is looking good in terms of the stats on your V6 box. 

Is there a pattern to when this box reboots? Such as when you try accessing a specific app? 

What about any error messages before or after the reboot? 

I can see you've already spoken to someone regarding the broadband and they are dealing with this for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
matrix751
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks

The box justs reboots when it wants sometimes accessing the recordings i have done or if switching it on. My 2nd box up to now so got to be a fualt somewhere in the software. 

There are no error messages when it reboots just the welcome screen and then the rest of the loading which can take several minutes. Not ideal if we have multiply recordings on the box. 

0 Kudos
matrix751
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Friday 14th at 20.56 watching greys attonomy off a recording at about 26 mins in.
The box was recording 3 programs at the time
Coronation street
Masterchef
Gardeners world.
Yet again I have to find another time to watch this as stopped halfway . Has this happens last week with this program. Would be nice for someone to speak to me about this as totally getting fed up of this especially for the money I pay
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello matrix751,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

There could be a problem with the signal rather than the box so ideally I would like to send one of our engineers to check out why it's still happening.

I'll just send you some appointment times over a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos