Menu
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

V6 pricing in my account

I pay at the moment £158.81 a month on a vip. I have 1 tivo and 1 vhd. I logged In on my account and see I can get v6 for a extra £23.77 a month and one of charge of £64.99. Surely this has to be a mistake.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 pricing in my account

If you aren't still in contract call retentions and get a better deal plus V6. I got my bill down £30 a month.
0 Kudos

All Replies
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Online upgrade pricing appears to be shot, call customer services for better info, this link's useful too http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/m-p/3281148#M2437
0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for info. I paying through the nose as it is lol. So I only have to pay 64.99 one off for 2 boxes and no extra each month in theory ?.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you aren't still in contract call retentions and get a better deal plus V6. I got my bill down £30 a month.
0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I guess there shut now. I have to phone them tomorrow. If they even try and make me pay more each I will probley just look else where. I understand the boxs charge and would probably pay that. If I can get slightly cheaper I don't know as my package has boxnation and a few phone things added that why it 158. I find it a bit bad that exsting customers don't get any info on the v6. I get mobile letters each month with out fail offering phones. It be nice as a very long term customer to have a call say hey you been with us for 10 yrs and we have updated are equipment and we can do this for you. Oh well I guess I have to see what they say tomorrow. Fingers crossed for some kind of deal but I doubt I will get it.
0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've just phoned up and I told if I have 2 v6 boxes I have to pay 49.99 and then 2 × 14.99 activation fees. I can't see why I should pay 2 times 14.99.
0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Can a forum team member please tell me if the 2 X 14.99 activation is right. Also can any one tell me if I need the boxes running on ethnet. I don't think I will be streaming much and like my modem were it is. I don't want it moving from where it is othe side of my room. Also how would second box work if that be upstairs.
0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Decied to phone back up and some one else is telling me it 99.95 for boxes and the would waiver the 14.99. This a complete joke. Why are 2 people telling me 2 different things. I didn't know April fools was early this year. I mean come on vm is this the way you treat customers by every differect adviser giving out different figures.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Blinker wrote:
Decied to phone back up and some one else is telling me it 99.95 for boxes and the would waiver the 14.99. This a complete joke. Why are 2 people telling me 2 different things. I didn't know April fools was early this year. I mean come on vm is this the way you treat customers by every differect adviser giving out different figures.

call them back and speak to Retentions - I think it's the 'are you considering leaving' option. I had similar problems - kept getting told different prices - I have ordered 2 boxes - so 1 CS told me I would have to pay for 2 and 2 activation fees, another said pay for 1, 2nd free but 2 activation fees - then I asked to get passed to someone in Retentions and he was great, got it all sorted and I will get 2 boxes, pay for one and only 1 activation fee and no increase in monthly payment.

0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi how do I get through to them. Cam you remember what options it was corrie. Thanks in advance
0 Kudos