Menu
davecox
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 price is a joke.

I am on full house xl for years, got the TiVo box for nothing when it came out, but been told it would cost me 64.95 to install the v6 box. If I was a new customer on the same package I would get if free, only pay 14.95 for activation fee. Same old treatment for old customers paying for the new ones, contact end in Sept maybe time to leave.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 price is a joke.

I'm afraid most companies are like that.. they do it to attract new customers, as it is harder to get new customers than to keep older customers. Banks etc mostly do the same.

0 Kudos
davecox
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I phoned up to find out when my contract ends, they ask me why I am thinking of leaving. I told them I think its wrong that old customers have to pay for the new v6 box and the new customers don't as stated on there web site. They check the virgin web site and let me have the box for 14.95 activation fee, like new customer would pay for the same packaged.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi davecox, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you feel this way Smiley Sad

There will always be a new promotional offer on for new customers. Just like you would of had a new promotional offer when you first joined. 

I can understand I may be frustrating to see others getting something for less than you however taking away introductory promotional offers you'll probably find you're paying less then a new customer. It's all swings and roundabouts. Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tierix
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"would of had"??? REALLY??? Did you drop out of school at 7?
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did they teach you that multiple uses of question marks is acceptable? Lol.. just jesting, but seriously there is no reason to attack anyone for the way they type on a forum like this.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

davecox wrote:

I am on full house xl for years, got the TiVo box for nothing when it came out, but been told it would cost me 64.95 to install the v6 box. If I was a new customer on the same package I would get if free, only pay 14.95 for activation fee. Same old treatment for old customers paying for the new ones, contact end in Sept maybe time to leave.

Me too but I had to pay £200 for the TiVo when it came out although £50 was refunded when they dropped the price a couple of days later, you can't always get good deals

w44nty
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was told I could have a V6 for free because I was a loyal customer,I agreed to have one at no charge to me,guess what I have just received my bill and they have charged me £65

I rang up to explain,I was passed from pillar to post and then the phone disconnected,I told them I was happy with the new box but was not going to pay the fees etc for it,at the moment I have this big bill and nobody will speak to me or want to make a decision,time to phone my bank to stop and payments me think

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't stop payments.. it will give you a bad credit rating.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi w44nty, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you were unaware of the charges for the V6 upgrade Smiley Sad 

I have taken a look at your account and would like to discuss this in further detail with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos