Menu
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 paid upgrade, not happening today. Your order has not gone through

I don't know what I expected, why would it be any different from previous experiences, maybe I was blinded by the new hardware.

Went through the process of ordering a new V6 box on Friday 13th

Order date: Friday, January 13, 2017
Order ref: WS4032390

and even swallowed the item and installation fees. I duly gave 2 installation windows for today the 18th  and got the email saying the order was placed.

Arranged to be at home today, but just rereading the email I noticed I hadn't had the confirmation email about the installation. Just phoned up and got the news, yes you placed the order, but due to a technical issue it hasn't gone through the system. So nobody will be coming out today, no new box.

Don't worry sir I can do that order for you now and at your inconvenience arrange another all day slot comprising of 1 x 5hr and 1 x 4 hr windows for you to take another day off work to have the kit you are willing to pay for to get rid of that heap of junk that is the Tivo we have degraded over the years due to all the bloat, installed.

No thanks, I'm done. VirginMedia customer services are a joke. Why no follow up to say order not processed. If you are supposed to send a confirmation email out within 48hrs (ok maybe I should have checked sooner) why no NON confirmation email within 48hrs ?

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 paid upgrade, not happening today. Your order has not gone through

I still haven't had a confirmation email, even though I have spoken to a few different CS and to retentions. I triple checked they have my correct email address and retentions told me that to be certain they would send the paperwork via post as well as email.. haven't *yet* received either.  I am not too bothered, as long as they turn up for the installation. I have checked junk mail and also checked that Virgin is not on my blocked list (it isn't).. just for some reason I am not receiving their emails.

I take it you ordered online? There have been a lot of issues for people that ordered online.. mostly to do with the time needed for the V6 installation and the appointments you see online not being long enough Smiley Sad

It's a pain tbh and I hope you get something sorted one way or another.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My installation, on 7th January, was confirmed by phone on Thursday, 1st December, but I did not receive any further communications from VM until a couple of days before installation.

However, I could see the order details under "Order tracking" on My Virgin Media so I suspect that they do not communicate directly until a few days before.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's well worth regularly checking the order details under "Order tracking" on My Virgin Media, if I had I might have seen VM had for the second time screwed up my install date.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can never see anything under my orders online.. it just keeps saying it can't be shown and to call virgin lol.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

I can never see anything under my orders online.. it just keeps saying it can't be shown and to call virgin lol.

That would bother me. Hope it all checks out for you.

Maybe one of the Forum team could check it out for you.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I did triple check with Retentions that the appointment was still set for 3rd Feb, so I have to assume it is. Retentions do seem to be the people that really know what they are talking about.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

I did triple check with Retentions that the appointment was still set for 3rd Feb, so I have to assume it is. Retentions do seem to be the people that really know what they are talking about.

Agreed.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi beaker656,

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear that the order you placed online wasn't actually processed Smiley Sad 

Depending on your account, if you have any special discounts on there it could stop the order although usually we would contact you. 

I would give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to see what we can do for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos