Menu
SideshowMalc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 network

Hi all,

I had the V6 box fitted last week, very happy with the box, unhappy with the engineer. He set the network to the '2G' network he said he could not find the '5G'. In my opinion he could not wait to get out of the house, Q is could I go into the settings & try connect to '5G' or would it be best to leave as it is.

Many thanks for any adviceSmiley Wink

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 network

Yes, if you feel the 5GHz wifi signal is strong at the location, you can change to that band.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In general, the reach of the 5GHz band is less than 2.4GHz but the performance is better and less likely to suffer interference from your neighbours' wifi.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My preferred connection for my V6 is wired but it works well on my 2.4GHz connection.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, if you feel the 5GHz wifi signal is strong at the location, you can change to that band.

0 Kudos
SideshowMalc
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie,

Would you think I am being daft? After all everything seems fine on the 2G, I just think if I have 5g then it should be on that. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In general, the reach of the 5GHz band is less than 2.4GHz but the performance is better and less likely to suffer interference from your neighbours' wifi.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My preferred connection for my V6 is wired but it works well on my 2.4GHz connection.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos