Menu
butterp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 install

How do you know if their coming to install the box tomorrow if you telephone has been out of order for over a week? Come on Virgin I just want to know.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 install

You should be able to check through My VirginMedia.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 install

I have the installation planned for Saturday afternoon but got a phone call this morning asking if it could be done today which I had to decline.

I noticed that my Order Tracking had been updated to say first available date so this prompted me to phone Customer Services to ensure that Saturday was still on. That was confirmed and I also asked the young woman to make a note to ensure that it was my Samsung Tivo that was being replaced rather than my Cisco. We watched a programme (Pop Quiz) on the iPlayer last night (too many programmes on at the one time, a problem the V6 should resolve) and the buffering was very noticeable. I think that I will watch it again the V6 to see if there is an improvement.

As others have suggested that the positioning of the modem is important I also asked her to note that my modem might need moving. It is in another room and a previous engineer suggested that its positioning could have been better so I will ask if it could be moved to the other side of the same room which will put it in a more central location for the house as a whole.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos