Menu
seanoevil1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 install - questions

hi all,

so today I booked an upgrade to a v6 box next Tuesday. Have a couple of questions;

is it possible to take recordings from old TiVo box to the new one? And am I able to keep the old box, and if so, install it elsewhere in the house?

Also, I enquired regarding upgrading from v2 to v3 superhub while on the phone, was told that there would be a separate activation charge for that too? Can these activation charges not be waived for long term customers at all? Just seems a little excessive is all.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 install - questions

You can't copy your old recordings, You can keep the TiVo for £5 a month if you request it before the engineer arrives, I'm pretty sure you don't need a SH3

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi seanoevil1, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

It's great to hear you are getting the new V6 box installed soon Smiley Happy

As mentioned by dannylau, you're not able to transfer your recordings from your TiVo® to your V6 box. If you wanted to keep the TiVo® as an additional box then depending on what you have included in your package already would depend on how much you pay. 

If you already have an additional box, and wanted to replace that with the TiVo® then it would be an extra £5.00 per month. 

If you don't have an additional box it would be an extra £12.50 per month. 

Finally as a Superhub 2 works fine with the V6 box and your broadband speed, upgrading means you would need to pay an activation charge for the hub. 

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did that for an extra 12:50 a month, and confirmed I could return the old Tivo at any time.

0 Kudos