Menu
Highlighted
Azzurri
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 install queries

hi - couple of questions re V6 if anyone can help

1) is Ethernet connection to router required ? - as current TiVo is in lounge - ground floor at front of house & router is in bedroom - first floor rear of house. ....... With no Ethernet cable connection between them

2) Can series links (& recordings be transferred from outgoing TiVo to incoming V6

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 install queries

1) Ethernet preferred but you can use powerline adapters or wifi, assuming a suitably stable and strong signal at the V6 location. Personally, I use powerline adapters, Netgear PL1000s.

2) You can indeed transfer series links, wishlists and thumbs from your old TiVo to your new V6. You can't transfer existing recordings although you may consider keeping your existing TiVo, at a cost, until you watch all its recordings.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

dcbrown wrote:

>> 2) You can indeed transfer series links, wishlists and thumbs from your old TiVo to your new V6

I'm getting a V6 box on Thursday and your point 2 sounds ideal. Is this easy to do? Are there any tutorials on how to do the transfer?

Thanks.

Here you go:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Smiley Happy

Keith

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

1) Ethernet preferred but you can use powerline adapters or wifi, assuming a suitably stable and strong signal at the V6 location. Personally, I use powerline adapters, Netgear PL1000s.

2) You can indeed transfer series links, wishlists and thumbs from your old TiVo to your new V6. You can't transfer existing recordings although you may consider keeping your existing TiVo, at a cost, until you watch all its recordings.

0 Kudos
dcbrown
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

>> 2) You can indeed transfer series links, wishlists and thumbs from your old TiVo to your new V6

I'm getting a V6 box on Thursday and your point 2 sounds ideal. Is this easy to do? Are there any tutorials on how to do the transfer?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

dcbrown wrote:

Thanks.

Here you go:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Smiley Happy

Keith

Superuser1718.png