Menu
tom-t
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 install experience

I had my long awaited install this Saturday 14th and what an experience.

First the engineer arrived hour and half early to the appointment time without prior warning - good job we was in otherwise would have been charged for not being in.

Second he arrived with just the V6 box to install when clearly the order confirmation I had was for this plus new hub 3 and relocate the current Tivo box to another part of the house. Cue another half hour waiting why the engineer went back to the van to try and sort out. Eventually he did and came back to the house.

Now this where it got interesting. The engineer disconnected and moved the current Tivo to new location to replace the V+ box. Next he installed the new hub 3 and v6 box. Switched the router on and said wait for these 2 lights to go out and then switch the v6 on (explaining this would reboot up to 4 times. He then said he would then be leaving and would phone in about an hour to see how it was going - I am still waiting for that call as I am writing this!!

I then phoned Customer services yesterday to put my complaint in for the shoddy install (if you can call it that). The operator said a manager would phone me in the next 2-4 hours to discuss further - guess what, I am still waiting for that call as well.

To sum up, not a very good experience on the install, I could have done it myself and wouldn't require an engineer or customer experience. I have yet to still sign the install off as being satisfied.

Thoughts/comments?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 install experience

Certainly not an ideal installation experience. However, you don't tell us the key part. Are the V6, moved TiVo and new hub all working now?
tom-t
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They are all working now even after a small blip in the hub 3  process - fortunately I work in IT so understand what can and can't be done.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi tom-t, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you weren't looked after as well as what we'd expect when having your V6 installed. 

If the engineer turns up outside of your appointment time and you're not in, you wouldn't get charged for this. Instead the engineer would be required to come back during the time slot Smiley Happy

As it can take a while for the V6 to update, if the engineer is running late they may get everything set up and go during the waiting period. This sometimes doesn't create the best experience so I will ensure feedback is passed on to the engineer. 

I'm glad all is working though. If you have any further issues, pop back and elt us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tom-t
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I understand about the time taken to install the equipment but as said in the opening post the main issue is that the engineer never called back

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tom-t wrote:

I understand about the time taken to install the equipment but as said in the opening post the main issue is that the engineer never called back

...I've said it before and I'll say it again - never, EVER, let an engineer leave your premises until EVERYTHING has been INSTALLED, WORKING and you are SATISFIED.

Letting the guy leave, on the promise that "he'll call you back" is just ludicrous............. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tom-t
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Never had the issue before with an engineer - guess it's down to what engineer you get. It seems pointless them hanging around why the updates go through. Normally they return has they have to have the job signed off by us the customer as proof the work has been done.

I guess you have had a bad experience in the past just like me now. I certainly will NOT let the engineer leave until the job is done to my satisfaction in the future after this one

jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wonder if he was pone of them £6 per box swap pop contractors VM now use from Nicolson or such!  Smiley Indifferent

Anyhow, that was a disgrace even though in the end it all works, very unprofessional.

0 Kudos