Menu
smudgger
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 install check list ??

HI

my V6 install is in a couple of weeks and was wondering apart from the TiVo 500 code that people have stated is needed at time of installation is there anything else to make sure the engineer does/installs before letting him go?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 install check list ??

Mine is in a couple weeks too (3rd) I'd just recommend you make sure they stay to test it, not let him leave it updating without a full test that it's working.

deans6571
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

smudgger wrote:

HI

my V6 install is in a couple of weeks and was wondering apart from the TiVo 500 code that people have stated is needed at time of installation is there anything else to make sure the engineer does/installs before letting him go?

Thanks.

...not entirely sure what you are referring to there, however, I would also echo Corinneangela 's post above - DO NOT LET THE ENGINEER LEAVE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE V6 UP, RUNNING, WORKING, AND YOU ARE SATISFIED.

Smiley Wink

Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Things that should be checked on any install are

-All signals in spec
-All connections checked and tightened inside and outside the house, including the cab in the street
-any old connectors should be replaced
-equipment should be fully up and running before they leave
-any education on new products should be given at the time of install
-on demand should be tested
-remote should be set up by engineer to your tv
-you should be left with a manual for the new box
-they should complete an install checklist and have you sign to say they have completed everything
-make sure that all of your other services are still working even if they havnt carried out any work on them, including internet and phone
-any problems they come across that cant be fixed at that time should be passed to the correct department before they leave and should be written on your install checklist
0 Kudos

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mine is in a couple weeks too (3rd) I'd just recommend you make sure they stay to test it, not let him leave it updating without a full test that it's working.

deans6571
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

smudgger wrote:

HI

Thanks.

...not entirely sure what you are referring to there, however, I would also echo Corinneangela 's post above - DO NOT LET THE ENGINEER LEAVE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE V6 UP, RUNNING, WORKING, AND YOU ARE SATISFIED.

Smiley Wink

Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Things that should be checked on any install are

-All signals in spec
-All connections checked and tightened inside and outside the house, including the cab in the street
-any old connectors should be replaced
-equipment should be fully up and running before they leave
-any education on new products should be given at the time of install
-on demand should be tested
-remote should be set up by engineer to your tv
-you should be left with a manual for the new box
-they should complete an install checklist and have you sign to say they have completed everything
-make sure that all of your other services are still working even if they havnt carried out any work on them, including internet and phone
-any problems they come across that cant be fixed at that time should be passed to the correct department before they leave and should be written on your install checklist
0 Kudos