Menu
Robodance
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 freezes on waking...

Hi Guys,

We had our V6 box installed just yesterday but this morning it froze on the "Waking Up..." screen and had to be rebooted by yanking out the power cable...

I can see from some other posts this is a known issue, so do I need a firmware update, a new box or do I call customer services...?

Thanks in advance...
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 freezes on waking...

You don't need new hardware but, in time, there will be a firmware update to resolve this.

In the meantime, please use the workaround and set your power savings settings to be always on and not go into standby.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also there is a little switch at the back, so you don't need to yank out the cable when it crashes.

As an aside i put mine in standby every time I finish viewing and usually its ok. Probably crashes about once a week, although I have gone over 2 weeks without a crash.

Crashes are strange as they aren't all the same, and I still haven't worked out what triggers them, although usually it seems to be after I've been doing a lot of stuff with the tv anywhere app.

I did have an interesting green screen crash the other day.. booted up with bright green screen where the picture should be and menues initially worked ok until they eventually ground to a halt.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You don't need new hardware but, in time, there will be a firmware update to resolve this.

In the meantime, please use the workaround and set your power savings settings to be always on and not go into standby.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also there is a little switch at the back, so you don't need to yank out the cable when it crashes.

As an aside i put mine in standby every time I finish viewing and usually its ok. Probably crashes about once a week, although I have gone over 2 weeks without a crash.

Crashes are strange as they aren't all the same, and I still haven't worked out what triggers them, although usually it seems to be after I've been doing a lot of stuff with the tv anywhere app.

I did have an interesting green screen crash the other day.. booted up with bright green screen where the picture should be and menues initially worked ok until they eventually ground to a halt.

Highlighted
Robodance
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Guys...

Funnily enough, I changed my power settings not long after I posted this so hopefully that'll sort things out until the firmware update...

Much appreciated
0 Kudos