Re: V6 for free?

No. First actionable response.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 42 of 70 (258 Views)

Itsmelee wrote:
No. First actionable response.

Can I ask why you keep posting on two accounts? 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 43 of 70 (255 Views)

?
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 44 of 70 (252 Views)

Itsmelee wrote:
?

You are posting under two accounts. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 45 of 70 (248 Views)

Didn't even realise. I must have signed up under one years ago, and the auto fill login on my phone is different. Apologies.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 70 (183 Views)

Totally agree, I pay for virgin media service, and as far as I'm concerned that should be the best service they have to offer. If the new V6 makes that service better, as far has I'm concerned I'm paying the same amount as a new customer (actually probably paying more) for what is now not the best service available. The whole system needs a re-think(perhaps a legal challenge is needed.). I pay for and want the best service Virgin have to offer, which is what I signed for. I'm now not getting that. TiVo is so slow on the TiVo box, it's poor.

Fibre optic
Message 47 of 70 (80 Views)

bazh2002 wrote:

Totally agree, I pay for virgin media service, and as far as I'm concerned that should be the best service they have to offer. If the new V6 makes that service better, as far has I'm concerned I'm paying the same amount as a new customer (actually probably paying more) for what is now not the best service available. The whole system needs a re-think(perhaps a legal challenge is needed.). I pay for and want the best service Virgin have to offer, which is what I signed for. I'm now not getting that. TiVo is so slow on the TiVo box, it's poor.

You never signed such a thing like that. You signed to pay for services you agreed to take which presumably they supply to you. If you want the best service they offer then you pay the asking price for that service. I don't think £65 is much to ask to receive a box that can record 6 things at once, is 4k capable with HDR coming in an update and is wifi enabled. As much as I dislike VM sometimes you can't expect them to offer such a box to everyone for free and if they did do that then you'd be paying £65 if not more on your contract prices when they raise them to cover the cost of the free boxes. 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 48 of 70 (155 Views)

[ Edited ]

My old V+ box works much the same as it did when it was supplied years ago. I am still getting the service I originally signed up for so I accept that a one off charge for a new box with increased functions would be reasonable.

The Tivo box however has much worse performance than when it was supplied. It now needs very regular intervention from me even to achieve that, I also steer clear of some of the functionality to try and minimise the frequency with which I have to reset, clear and reboot the irritating device. A bit like a car that will not go above 30mph and even then only if you change the oil every day and disconnect the battery once a week. We all have different tolerance levels and good luck to anyone who finds their Tivo acceptable. I don't.

I believe VM should either get the Tivo back to an ​acceptable working condition (ie like it was when first provided) or provide an alternative box free of charge. I am not asking for something for nothing but I do want something that works properly. Then I would accept paying for something that improved upon my original service.

It should not just be a matter of like it or lump it. I think a forum like this is the place for customers to share their opinions and experiences of Virgin Media Service. In the end it will be an individual decision whether a customer stays or goes elsewhere. The same applies to readers of this thread, by all means give your opinion but do not complain when others give theirs. Lets keep it a friendly exchange of views If you find the thread irritating you can always look elsewhere.

Fibre optic
Message 49 of 70 (145 Views)

bazh2002 wrote:

You never signed such a thing like that. You signed to pay for services you agreed to take which presumably they supply to you. If you want the best service they offer then you pay the asking price for that service. I don't think £65 is much to ask to receive a box that can record 6 things at once, is 4k capable with HDR coming in an update and is wifi enabled. As much as I dislike VM sometimes you can't expect them to offer such a box to everyone for free and if they did do that then you'd be paying £65 if not more on your contract prices when they raise them to cover the cost of the free boxes. 

On our wavelength
Message 50 of 70 (135 Views)

There's a very simple solution to this, that makes both Virgin and its customers happy, and doesn't create the artificial 'two tier' system they have now between new customers and existing ones:

Offer a new contract.

New customers get the latest shiny gadgets. Existing customers don't get stuck with 'legacy' hardware that is rendered unusable after years of updates. Virgin gets a 'good as new' customer that is locked in for a further 12-18 months, and is guaranteed not to go anywhere.

It'd be ridiculous easy to implement. Just stuck it in the 'upgrades' section online. One click and boom, another year of lock-in.

Mobile phone companies have been following this model successfully for decades.

Under the current model, it's like signing up for BT Cellnet in the '90s and being stuck with the Nokia 8210 that they originally gave you. Your may be paying for 4G, but you're still stuck on 14.4kbps WAP.

Fine if you're the only game in town, but when even the post office has a competing product and you can't go to a shopping centre without being accosted by a Sky or TalkTalk rep, surely it's good business to try and keep customers around once you've spent the cash acquiring them?
0 Kudos