Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 70 (450 Views)

Re: V6 for free?

> you will never be a new customer again

I'm a new customer every month that the direct debit hits. I'm purchasing a renewal service on a rolling contract, long after my original signature expired.

To be treated like I'm 'sold' for life is bad business. I could leave at any time. If I tried, I guarantee I'd get a call from retention offering me money off to stay. Which then costs employee time and wastes my own.

Why not just cut out the faff and offer me something for a contract renewal now?

Stupid practice in today's abundance of choices.
Superuser
Message 12 of 70 (445 Views)

your a returning customer not a new one
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 13 of 70 (435 Views)

When you got a good deal as a new customer.. did you turn around to Virgin and say 'No thanks, I want to pay as much as everyone else is paying?'

Of course you didn't, yet now you complain because you don't get the same price as new customers. Double standards.

Tuning in
Message 14 of 70 (424 Views)

How is arguing for price equality double standards? I'm saying every customer should pay the SAME.

I have no problem with the economics of customer retention, but I'm offered zero incentive for loyalty. Why would I continue years of extra service when I can threaten to cancel and get a better deal?

Or just cancel completely and get the cash back and low prices of a new contract?
Rising star
Message 15 of 70 (422 Views)

It's double standards if you accepted a cheaper deal when you first joined.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 70 (414 Views)

1. The onus is not on me to argue for other people's billing. My concern is my own relationship to Virgin, and the price I'm paying. By solving my price, Virgin are also improving the situation for others in the same boat.

2. The lower pricing was a condition of accepting a contract. I'm fine with that. I would volunteer another 12-18 months of committed service for the same. Being locked out of an offer merely because I've responded to it in the past is something I have a problem with.

3. My expectation was that Virgin would provide the requisite equipment to enjoy a full level of service. I had no idea subsequent updates would leave the Tivo box in such a shoddy state, or that the service would be intolerably slow. Now that they have a new box - and part of my service fee includes RENTAL of the box - it's perfectly reasonably to expect Virgin would upgrade me to the same tier that others are enjoying without cost.
Superuser
Message 17 of 70 (399 Views)

i think if you want new customer deals you should look at a new ISP and chance everytime your contract is up
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 18 of 70 (367 Views)

Who remembers the "brand new customers only" Nat West ad, that certainly springs to mind with VM.

you can't really compare Sky with Virgin as you buy the equipment from Sky so if they introduce a new box you would need to buy it to replace your existing box. With VM we rent the equipment so why we have to pay for that privelige I'm not sure. Considering the TiVo isn't fit for purpose it really is hard to defend a £50 charge to rent a box from them that works as it should do, something the TiVo most certainly doesn't.

Come on VM do the right thing by the existing costomers with TiVo boxes that frankly dont work as they should.

Superuser
Message 19 of 70 (357 Views)

Say a V6 cost Virgin Media as little as £50, what would the total cost to replace all TiVos with V6s and how much would everyones' monthly charge have to go up to replace this revenue/profit to Liberty Global?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 70 (354 Views)

cjp, I agree completely. If we got to keep the box and it had any resale value, I would fully expect to pay an upgrade charge (or at least sign another contract). That's how it works with mobile phones. You sign a contract which covers a minimum commitment, and at the end of the period, you have a phone that you can sell/keep, along with a new upgraded phone for signing a renewed contract.

With Virgin, it's like keeping being forced to keep an old Nokia from the 90s, yet pay the same fee that affords other users 4G.
0 Kudos