Menu
Loosecanons
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 extended rollout

Happy New Year.

Not sure if I will have this demoted to another forum as I only have a lowly Tivo but here goes.

Having recently being persuaded to stay with Virgin as I was very close to going for the Sky Q offering I was looking forward to the launch of the V6. I nearly left because my kids can't stand the slow response of the Tivo but I was told the V6 would solve all these problems.

It has now been launched and lo and behold I can't get the V6 on my 'player' package that I had changed to. There was no mention of this fact when I signed up for a new contract (neither was my broadband speed reduction from 150 to 100) .

So , once the V6 has settled down, do you think the V6 will be more widely available to the more humble customers?

Note, the Sky Q is now on all Sky packages

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 extended rollout

It's possible, and may not be for quite a while, but I can imagine there will still be a 100Mbps broadband speed minimum for a while so that they can guarantee the QoS.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loosecanons, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Apologies that you're unable to order the V6 on your current package. 

Even though you're on the Player package you are able to upgrade if you want to. 

You would need to have the Full House or VIP package and depending on the package you choose, depends on how much the upfront fee is for the V6. 

If you have any further questions or queries regarding the V6, pop them here and we'll do what we can to answer them.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Loosecanons
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Katy,

thanks for the feedback.

I'll have to look at what those packages are as I have no idea but it sounds like I'd have to pay more for my monthly subscription

thanks again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loosecanons, 

All upgrades come at a price however depending on what you're on now, there may not be much of a difference. 

You can see what the packages include here: Big Bundles

If you want to go ahead with the upgrade, give the team a call Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos