Menu
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

Has the new V6 box finally overcome the problem where, on a TIVO, when you record two consecutive programmes on one channel, the second recording breaks up at the point where the first programme stops recording?

On the TIVO this has been a known bug for years, but they have never managed to solve it.

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

I think you will still get that, but with 6 tuners is less likely to happen.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

jonandmarkuk wrote:

IF this bug still exists in TiVo software then having six tuners won't make any difference unless the logic has changed to use multiple tuners for back-to-back programs on the same channel.

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your replies, guys, but I was hoping someone who actually has a V6 box could let us know.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

jonandmarkuk wrote:

IF this bug still exists in TiVo software then having six tuners won't make any difference unless the logic has changed to use multiple tuners for back-to-back programs on the same channel.

That would make perfect sense - why wasn't this logic applied to the TiVo software in the first place?!! 

Smiley Indifferent

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

1. The overlap bug was fixed in a previous software update to TiVo and, despite a few people suggesting that they are still getting it, there is no evidence that this still occurs for everyone.

2. TiVo previously did back-to-back recordings on multiple tuners but customer complaints led to this being done with a single tuner and the bug (now fixed in my opinion) being introduced.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

1. The overlap bug was fixed in a previous software update to TiVo and, despite a few people suggesting that they are still getting it, there is no evidence that this still occurs for everyone.

2. TiVo previously did back-to-back recordings on multiple tuners but customer complaints led to this being done with a single tuner and the bug (now fixed in my opinion) being introduced.

My TiVo ALWAYS experienced that bug, if I'm honest. It always happened when recording EastEnders, on a Tuesday evening, and then Holly City, immediately afterwards. At around 4 minutes into Holly (my start and end time buffer was 4 mins for every recording), it would pixelate where the first recording ended and the second recording began. 

I'll have to see now if I experience the same thing on my V6! 

Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I still get the overlap bug so if it was meant to be fixed on Tivo - it didn't fix it for me. I haven't got my V6 yet, so no idea if it happens on the V6.

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I only see it on channel 5 HD and only very occasionally. Are there any particular channels it is still regularly occurring on as I wonder whether we could spot a pattern?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Happens regularly for me on BBC1 (SD). This is with a Cisco TiVo.