Menu
Reply
  • 328
  • 1
  • 53
JohnMcE
Superfast
706 Views
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

Has the new V6 box finally overcome the problem where, on a TIVO, when you record two consecutive programmes on one channel, the second recording breaks up at the point where the first programme stops recording?

 

On the TIVO this has been a known bug for years, but they have never managed to solve it.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 353
  • 4
  • 32
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
659 Views
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

I think you will still get that, but with 6 tuners is less likely to happen.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.71K
  • 974
  • 2.19K
Superuser
Superuser
656 Views
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?


jonandmarkuk wrote:
I think you will still get that, but with 6 tuners is less likely to happen.

IF this bug still exists in TiVo software then having six tuners won't make any difference unless the logic has changed to use multiple tuners for back-to-back programs on the same channel.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 328
  • 1
  • 53
JohnMcE
Superfast
619 Views
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

Thanks for your replies, guys, but I was hoping someone who actually has a V6 box could let us know.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.68K
  • 25
  • 186
deans6571
Super solver
614 Views
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?


Ernie_C wrote:

jonandmarkuk wrote:
I think you will still get that, but with 6 tuners is less likely to happen.

IF this bug still exists in TiVo software then having six tuners won't make any difference unless the logic has changed to use multiple tuners for back-to-back programs on the same channel.


That would make perfect sense - why wasn't this logic applied to the TiVo software in the first place?!! 

Smiley Indifferent

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.71K
  • 974
  • 2.19K
Superuser
Superuser
603 Views
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

1. The overlap bug was fixed in a previous software update to TiVo and, despite a few people suggesting that they are still getting it, there is no evidence that this still occurs for everyone.

2. TiVo previously did back-to-back recordings on multiple tuners but customer complaints led to this being done with a single tuner and the bug (now fixed in my opinion) being introduced.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.68K
  • 25
  • 186
deans6571
Super solver
592 Views
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?


Ernie_C wrote:

1. The overlap bug was fixed in a previous software update to TiVo and, despite a few people suggesting that they are still getting it, there is no evidence that this still occurs for everyone.

2. TiVo previously did back-to-back recordings on multiple tuners but customer complaints led to this being done with a single tuner and the bug (now fixed in my opinion) being introduced.


My TiVo ALWAYS experienced that bug, if I'm honest. It always happened when recording EastEnders, on a Tuesday evening, and then Holly City, immediately afterwards. At around 4 minutes into Holly (my start and end time buffer was 4 mins for every recording), it would pixelate where the first recording ended and the second recording began. 

I'll have to see now if I experience the same thing on my V6! 

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 554
  • 46
  • 131
Corinneangela
Rising star
580 Views
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

I still get the overlap bug so if it was meant to be fixed on Tivo - it didn't fix it for me. I haven't got my V6 yet, so no idea if it happens on the V6.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.28K
  • 23
  • 119
G4DDS
Rising star
561 Views
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

I only see it on channel 5 HD and only very occasionally. Are there any particular channels it is still regularly occurring on as I wonder whether we could spot a pattern?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 8.93K
  • 1.22K
  • 3.62K
Superuser
Superuser
551 Views
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - do you still get "overlap breakup"?

Happens regularly for me on BBC1 (SD). This is with a Cisco TiVo.
_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. To say thanks click the kudos thumb. If I have solved your problem please click the helpful answer button.
0 Kudos
Reply