Menu
Rudis
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V6 cost to existing customer?

Just phoned sales and couldn't get an answer to my question..how much does it cost for upgrade to the new V6 box? I am an existing customer..many thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 cost to existing customer?

If you check in your account, it should have pricing in the upgrades bit.

Already with us? If you’ve got a Virgin Broadband connection of VIVID 100 (up to 100Mbps) or above and a TV package of Mix TV or above, the Virgin TV V6 box is available for you to buy now. Sign in to My Virgin Media and check out My Upgrades & Offers.

Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Rudis wrote:

Just phoned sales and couldn't get an answer to my question..how much does it cost for upgrade to the new V6 box? I am an existing customer..many thanks in advance

I believe its £100, or £50 if you've got the 'full house' tv package.

Beware if you use the Scart Out on your box for anything you might not want to 'upgrade'. 

spuddy2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I phoned virgin yesterday to enquire about upgrading to the VIP package and was offered £114 per month and £64.94 one off for box plus activation.

All Replies
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you check in your account, it should have pricing in the upgrades bit.

Already with us? If you’ve got a Virgin Broadband connection of VIVID 100 (up to 100Mbps) or above and a TV package of Mix TV or above, the Virgin TV V6 box is available for you to buy now. Sign in to My Virgin Media and check out My Upgrades & Offers.

Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Rudis wrote:

I believe its £100, or £50 if you've got the 'full house' tv package.

Beware if you use the Scart Out on your box for anything you might not want to 'upgrade'. 

Rudis
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply..having read the V6 community page I think I will wait until they have ironed out the problems with it..seems to have gremlins for many people..thanks again

0 Kudos
spuddy2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I phoned virgin yesterday to enquire about upgrading to the VIP package and was offered £114 per month and £64.94 one off for box plus activation.
Darlington
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nope it doesn't fella. 

For me it says they can't say but they will discuss when you click my offers and gives a number to ring them.

I guess as I am on a agreed deal with them that is why.

0 Kudos
oflix
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

From the website "Upgrade for an extra £77.41 a month (total £201.63 a month) plus £64.94 one off cost".

Wow. £993.86 for a new box. I think I'll see what Sky can offer.

CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I Have both V6 and SkyQ (the wife and I have different tates) and both of us find V6 far superior.

when our sky contract ends we will go totally V6.

I have 3 V6 and have no issues, 2 set up wirelessly and 1 Ethernet.

im on 300mb and never drop below 230ish

only issue with numerous V6 (or skyQ) is the one off cost

99.95 for the V6 itself
40.00 install

14.99 activation
If you are on a larger bundle 200mb or above you get a £50 discount off the box not sure that would stand for all 4 boxes though.
i paid over £200 for all mine but again well worth it

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

On VIP package I am paying £50 for 1st V6, 2nd is free, with 1 activation fee of £15.00. No change to contract or increase in monthly payments. Had I wanted to swap out all 4 boxes I have, the 3rd and 4th would be the £100 each.

melw
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's free if you are a new customer joining the Full house package and a jolly £55.00 per month increasing to only £76.00.

If like me you are a loyal existing customer (+12 years) the offer on the table is not so sweet – it's stick with your slow old broken box for £97.00 (nearly double) per month and the same full house package minus the nice fast boxes. Existing customers can stump up an additional £64.00 per box and get stuck with a new dreadful deal for being loyal.

I have just spent an hour on the phone with the retentions teams and faults team (looking at old slow Tivo box) and feel like a complete mug.

I renewed my contract in the autumn after being told I was on the best possible deal £97.00 per month and they would include the 2 lovely Tivo boxes only charging me for the installation of the extra box. Had I know how useless our boxes were in comparison and how soon the V6 would be released then I would have waited.

Recommended Virgin to a friend just before Christmas, her family now have the equivalent package with new fast boxes at £55.00 - good for her but gutted.

The following appear to be my best option at this stage.

We are quids in if I take our Virgin media account down to the lowest package until our contract expires and sign up for a good deal with another supplier.
We purchased a BT Youview box at the weekend in desperation.