Menu
Awal
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 connecting to homehub indirectly

My superhub is upstairs my TV downstairs, does that mean I can't have a V6 box?

I'm sure I'm not alone in having such a set up so can the V6 cope with patchy Wifi?

I do have powerline but try not to use it as I get fed up regularly power cycling the units and even then they drop the connection after a few hours.

0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 connecting to homehub indirectly

I use Powerline, (TP-LINK AV600 Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit, TL-PA4010P KIT) works fine, perhaps yous are faulty?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You may find that you need to look at running an Ethernet cable - it depends just how patchy your wifi is.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Awal wrote:

My superhub is upstairs my TV downstairs, does that mean I can't have a V6 box?

I'm sure I'm not alone in having such a set up so can the V6 cope with patchy Wifi?

I do have powerline but try not to use it as I get fed up regularly power cycling the units and even then they drop the connection after a few hours.

Patchy wireless might be OK for the V6 to get EPG updates but will probably struggle with streaming video on demand.  Sounds like you have some faulty powerline adapters as that is not normal behaviour.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos