Menu
Reply
  • 137
  • 2
  • 19
gordy66
Up to speed
1,550 Views
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes to Existing Customers

Can't understand why Virgin Media didn't give some of the 1st V6 boxes to experienced users on here who could rinse the box from top to bottom, as giving it to new users who are unfamiliar with the User Interface Baffling.
  • 1.63K
  • 165
  • 288
Parrotperson
Super solver
1,538 Views
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes to Existing Customers

They did. Just don't publicise it. 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.62K
  • 24
  • 173
deans6571
Knows their stuff
1,523 Views
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes to Existing Customers

...I never got one.

Smiley Indifferent

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4.29K
  • 102
  • 1.15K
frank_gm
Community elder
1,505 Views
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes to Existing Customers


Parrotperson wrote:

They did. Just don't publicise it. 


No doubt they gave it to the same "testers" who gave the latest update the seal of approval.

In which case, once the V6 is released, the forums will be full of posts from ordinary customers talking about the problems while the usual suspects will post to tell us how wonderful it is for them.

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
  • 597
  • 6
  • 114
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
1,477 Views
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

is jusRe: V6 boxes to Existing Customers

It is the same buggy firmware. (just one minor revision on).So its just the external bits like scart, audio connectivity, spare ports needed on the hub or dodgy wi-fi problems and apps that cause problems and they can just blame someone else for that as usual.  Series link+ is even more of a horrendous nightmare though, for example getting the tiny (by todays standards) hard drive filling with duplicates like 6 BBC variants recording the same thing at the same time instead of 3 with the old number of tuners and as we know the new bugs with incorrect entries in planned recordings, with wrong reasons given and bugs when programs get modified or rescheduled. Oh and instead of the regular calls of "who is downloading" it is now "who is downloading or using Tivo?". At least it is free after all the huge price rises.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.33K
  • 921
  • 2.1K
Superuser
Superuser
1,446 Views
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: is jusRe: V6 boxes to Existing Customers

So the V6 is free? Where is that documented?


UNKNOWN wrote:

It is the same buggy firmware. (just one minor revision on).So its just the external bits like scart, audio connectivity, spare ports needed on the hub or dodgy wi-fi problems and apps that cause problems and they can just blame someone else for that as usual.  Series link+ is even more of a horrendous nightmare though, for example getting the tiny (by todays standards) hard drive filling with duplicates like 6 BBC variants recording the same thing at the same time instead of 3 with the old number of tuners and as we know the new bugs with incorrect entries in planned recordings, with wrong reasons given and bugs when programs get modified or rescheduled. Oh and instead of the regular calls of "who is downloading" it is now "who is downloading or using Tivo?". At least it is free after all the huge price rises.


 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.62K
  • 24
  • 173
deans6571
Knows their stuff
1,408 Views
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: is jusRe: V6 boxes to Existing Customers


Ernie_C wrote:

So the V6 is free? Where is that documented?


UNKNOWN wrote:

It is the same buggy firmware. (just one minor revision on).So its just the external bits like scart, audio connectivity, spare ports needed on the hub or dodgy wi-fi problems and apps that cause problems and they can just blame someone else for that as usual.  Series link+ is even more of a horrendous nightmare though, for example getting the tiny (by todays standards) hard drive filling with duplicates like 6 BBC variants recording the same thing at the same time instead of 3 with the old number of tuners and as we know the new bugs with incorrect entries in planned recordings, with wrong reasons given and bugs when programs get modified or rescheduled. Oh and instead of the regular calls of "who is downloading" it is now "who is downloading or using Tivo?". At least it is free after all the huge price rises.


 


...free you say????

VM don't give their existing customers, anything for free...........

Smiley Very Happy

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.62K
  • 24
  • 173
deans6571
Knows their stuff
1,175 Views
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: is jusRe: V6 boxes to Existing Customers

Can we please have an official word, on the V6m, from VM?? When is the official release date and how do us existing customers upgrade?

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 8.24K
  • 512
  • 2.26K
Superuser
Superuser
1,120 Views
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: is jusRe: V6 boxes to Existing Customers


deans6571 wrote:

Can we please have an official word, on the V6m, from VM?? When is the official release date and how do us existing customers upgrade?


The only "official" statement from VM is a pre launch registration of interest.

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst/?cs  in case you haven't seen it.

Everything else is still under wraps as far as statements are concerned. You can do some digging round and find what seems to be the correct launch date.  I wouldn't expect to see anything until nearer an actual confirmed date on here.

 


  • 1.62K
  • 24
  • 173
deans6571
Knows their stuff
1,075 Views
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: is jusRe: V6 boxes to Existing Customers


Kippies wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

Can we please have an official word, on the V6m, from VM?? When is the official release date and how do us existing customers upgrade?


The only "official" statement from VM is a pre launch registration of interest.

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst/?cs  in case you haven't seen it.

Everything else is still under wraps as far as statements are concerned. You can do some digging round and find what seems to be the correct launch date.  I wouldn't expect to see anything until nearer an actual confirmed date on here.

 


...that link does nothing unfortunately - completed the so called 'Registration' weeks ago ans still have not heard anything..........

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
0 Kudos
Reply