Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17 (454 Views)

V6 box sound dropouts driving me mad.

As the title suggests, I'm having real problems with sound dropouts via V6 box. Seems to happen on all channels and at all times of the day. Would be grateful if someone from Virgin could help?

Accepted Solutions
Up to speed
Message 13 of 17 (277 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by grdunn123
2 weeks ago

Re: V6 box sound dropouts driving me mad.

It's the Dolby Digital issue whenever a programme is broadcast in Dolby Digital it will drop sound randomly.

Virgin will fix if when they eventually bring out a new box in 5 years.

Tech is never tested with Virgin. Hub 3.0 has also a serious flaw with latency. No fix on the horizon.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Joining in
Message 2 of 17 (422 Views)

Same here. Damned annoying
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17 (400 Views)

Hi grdunn123,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I'd just like to know how your V6 box is set up.

Are you using a sound system of any kind or is the V6 directly connected to your TV?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, V6 box is connected to Hisense tv via Fast HDMI cable and then a second HDMI cable provides ARC from tv  to Yamaha YSP 2500 soundbar.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17 (335 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me.

Since you're using a surround sound system I would just like to check whether you experience any problems with the V6 directly connected to your television?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17 (312 Views)

Thanks for your reply, Rose.

Have tried what you suggest and sound dropouts are still there. One other issue I'm having which others have mentioned is screen flicker every so often. It actually looks like someone has taken a burst photo with flash enabled during programs and can happen on every channel.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17 (270 Views)

Hello grdunn123,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have looked into this further and this is currently a known issue that our engineers are working to resolve (NKE00009301)

I have logged this on your account for further investigation and we're hoping for a fix in the next firmware update.

Once there are any updates I'll be in touch.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17 (243 Views)

Thank you for at least admitting there are known problems with the V6 box - as I'm paying a premium price for having 2 of them in my house, is it reasonable to expect that I might receive some sort of compensation or price reduction until these irritating faults are corrected?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17 (225 Views)

I'm really beginning to lose the will with this problem! I would be grateful if someone from Virgin would give a firm date for a fix for this? It's not too much to expect that I can watch tv without having to suffer continual sound dropouts. If it's not fixed soon I will be cancelling my contract and going you know where.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17 (211 Views)

Hi grdunn123,

Unfortunately I'm unable to provide a fix date as of yet but as soon as we have further information then I'll be in touch.

Regarding credit options I'll certainly look into this for you so I'll just need to pop you a private message to discuss this further.

You'll be able to find this message if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos