Menu
nixzee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

V6 box poor picture quality

I was one of the not so lucky guinea pigs to have had the misfortune to receive a new V6 Box as a new customer! I have had a V6 box installed in the lounge and a standard tivo box installed in a separate room, the V6 seemed to have a poor picture quality compared to the standard tivo box so i swapped the boxes about from room to room and used the same cables with both etc but the V6 was still crap compared to the old tivo box. I have purchased 2 brand new samsung 65ks8000 tv's and ran both boxes through both tv's and the V6 still seems poorer in picture quality. The only things i can point the poorer picture quality at is the coax/aerial lead that feeds the V6 or the 240v power pack or the fact that they have just used rubbish components in the new box to make it smaller but compromised on quality??? Anybody have any views???

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
nixzee
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box poor picture quality

It will only be a year before i switch back to Sky if they can't sort it! Sky started messing me about and upping the price and thats my i swapped to virgin.

0 Kudos

All Replies
nixzee
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It will only be a year before i switch back to Sky if they can't sort it! Sky started messing me about and upping the price and thats my i swapped to virgin.

0 Kudos
nixzee
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

What is all this badge nonsense in my emails??? I just want a good picture on my tv and not rewards for whinging about rubbish service from virgin!!!!

0 Kudos
nixzee
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Why

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

that's the way a lot of forums work. personally i think it is childish.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I can't afford one small 4K TV, far less two 65 inch ones but suggest thinking about the video output settings you have chosen on the V6.
0 Kudos
Bonce80
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Ernie is right. Changing from 1080i to 1080p made a noticeable difference on my TV. The auto detect didn't work for mine because the TV can handle 1080p. Yours can obviously handle higher than that so try manually setting it.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Note to @nixzee. Follow forum guidelines and stop double posting - it dilutes the help you are getting.

Add the advice from @dannylau in your duplicate thread to mine here and figure out how to stop V6 doing the upscaling and get your TV to do it instead.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

PS Marking your own reply as a helpful answer means people won't bother to look at the thread.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

To stop the V6 doing the upscaling set the video output to 1080i/p or let the box run some tests and it will change res to match the content provided (this is buggy on the original tivo so I don't know if it's fixed on the V6)

0 Kudos