Menu
LucyD
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not recording properly

I've been with virgin for a month now and recording on our V6 box seems to be patchy at best.

Sometimes it records series linked shows, other times it doesn't. And tonight it only partially recorded an episode. There were no power interruptions during the scheduled recording time.

Anyone got any ideas as it's starting to drive me NUTS!!!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box not recording properly

Hi LucyD

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end, we're seeing some errors being reported with the hard drive and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look, if you're available. 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did you check My shows & recordings> recording hiccups - should tell you why something has failed to record.

0 Kudos
LucyD
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I did check that, but all it said was 'partial recording' with no reason why. The box wasn't even on stand by. It recorded the second half of a show. There wasn't anything else recording at the time.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi LucyD

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end, we're seeing some errors being reported with the hard drive and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look, if you're available. 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lucy

Thanks for confirming the appointment and for the contact information. 

We'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

LucyD
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

A new box was installed, however the issues remained. The installer has advised that there is a potential software issue between the box & my TV (He said this has happened before on Panasonic & LG TVs) and that he would be raising the issue internally.

So, unfortunately the issue has not been fixed, and if we wish to record something, then the TV has to be on for it to work. Not great if I want to record something late at night / overnight.

Thanks, Lucy.

0 Kudos
Louise34
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been having this problem as well since we got the box put in it hasn't recorded a single series link! Very very annoying have tried loads of things but it just won't record it, thinking of going back to sky to be honest!!
0 Kudos
alienor
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This has obviously not been resolved as I am having similar problems. I have not had the V6 that long, a few months, and we have found some shows do not record. It hasn't happened often. We also have a Panasonic T V. There is no pattern to it. The last one was Jools Holland when the TV was on. No recording hiccup reported and the series link is still in place.  

0 Kudos
Essexranger
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box has started to have problems/errors. Recently some series linked programmes have failed to record. Also for 2 nights in a row I have set the box to record something and it has only recorded the first 5 minutes! This is extremely annoying
0 Kudos