Menu
Silentface1963
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box no record of order

Ordered new V6 box as upgrade on 14th Jan and received mail same evening confirming this. Despite waiting in all afternoon today no engineer turned up. Upon calling virgin they have no record of my order even though it was placed via my virgin online account !!. Absolutely appalling level of incompetence. How can virgin generate a confirmation email to send to a client but then have no record of this.

Upon asking for recompense possibly in the form of waiving my "connection" fee of £14.99 for wasting my family's day, I was told in no uncertain terms that I am lucky to be getting the V6 box at the special discounted rate of £49.95. Appalling really.
0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box no record of order

Sounds like a call to retentions is in order, I have always found them to be very competent & helpful, select the thinking of leaving us option
0 Kudos
WilliamA
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same happened to me a couple of days later. My guess is a fault on the website - probably software issuing the email but not updating the account. I phoned when the engineer was a no-show and had to reorder. Woman I spoke to asked if there was anything else she could do but as I was asking whether I'd get an email to confirm, she hung up! I did notice that the option to order online had disappeared the next day and they were only taking telephone orders.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Silentface1963, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting your V6 ordered. Since posting have you been able to order the box? 

If not, come back and let me know so I can take a further look in to this for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos