Menu
Highlighted
SteyrGuy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box looses HDMI signal when boiler flicks off

I’m on a new V6 box and having already lost my amp connectivity, had to plug V6 directly to my new LGOled tv and optical back to amp to get surround back, iv already read the issues with amps etc 😞
I’m now having issues with a loss of picture when my back boiler clicks off, not every time but sometime it looses picture and have to turn off and back on V6 box other times just flicks off for a couple of seconds, iv read about the box having too strong a signal and don’t want my new 2.5 grand TV bust through a Virgin box issue, any ideas anyone
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box looses HDMI signal when boiler flicks off

I'd maybe call an electrician out
0 Kudos
SteyrGuy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why when the boiler is working fine? It has no av signal it’s an old back boiler that basically turns on and off the gas flow with a switch from the controller via the onboard temp setting no signals etc, old TiVo box never faltered for years with same boiler, makes no sense to me when there is no signal of any type being transmitted from the boiler
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don’t understand. You state that your boiler causes a fault on the V6 and it’s the V6’s fault?

SteyrGuy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you read my post? I stated I’d had the same issue as lots of people with my V6 not connecting through my amp (old TiVo box worked fine and had no issues loosing picture with boiler switching) and I was now having issues with picture loss when boiler switched, how can it be my boiler that’s faulty when it’s doing what it’s designed to do turn flames on and off? I asked if anyone had any ideas why it might cause picture loss I never said my box was faulty but if it’s not faulty why does a click from a boiler make it loose picture? Odd as my Tv, dvd,amp or anything else I have a remote for are not effected with click from boiler as wasn’t my old box so how come if it’s not the V6 box what else can it be? With the other issues related to the V6 I just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue and had managed to resolve it, just so we’re on the same page the boiler switching does not change Chanel, turn on or off anything including the V6 box it purly knocks off the picture and sound (HDMI) signal temporarily from the V6 box to the TV (connected via HDMI) so it’s not sending a signal but a click that must somehow create enough of an electrical interference that kicks out the HDMI signal not sure how it does but it does
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

this is an electricians job. nothing to do with the v6.

yes i read your post.
0 Kudos
SteyrGuy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok so 2 people say I need an electrician, could someone explain why? I could maybe imagine a heating engineer but why an electrician? and to what end, how can an electrician/heating engineer stop my V6 box loosing picture? There is obviously some interference from the boiler to the box, I’m just wanting clarification from maybe someone that knows about these things to explain how, then maybe I can find out why, is there anyone from Virgin Media on this forum that can maybe throw some light on it? 

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just as an aside - to show why an electrician *may* be needed. A couple years ago I bought a new coffee machine.. everytime I turn it on the circuit breaker for the socket ring would trip.. so I thought it was a faulty machine. Then I tried something else in the same socket and it tripped again. So I called out an electrician. He tested that socket and there was nothing wrong with it. He had to go around testing all the other sockets. It turned out to be a different socket completely (1 we had no issues with).. over time, one of the wires connecting that socket had moved slightly causing it to short out. Not saying that is your issue at all, but just as an example that weird stuff can happen with power. Might be worth getting someone to check the TV/power.

0 Kudos
SteyrGuy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the reply’s and electricians aside it’s a gas boiler so an heating engineer would be a more appropriate choice, but it’s nothing to do with sockets, plugs, wiring, loose wires etc the boiler is hard wired and the TV etc is on an extension and on a totally separate circuit, the answer is a suppressor on the gas switch on the boiler, this issue has no effect on older TV’s but more modern HD stuff can be effected with the arc from older boiler gas switches and need suppressing, so if anyone has a similar issue there you go, Baxi actually do a kit so hopefully that will help the issue