Menu
frosty1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box keeps locking up

I've been with Virgin just over a week now and have 2 boxes named "Bedroom" & "Living Room." The living room keeps locking up while in standby and I have to switch it off at the mains and back on again to get it to switch on. This has happened at least once a day since getting the boxes. The Bedroom box seems fine.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box keeps locking up

There is currently an issue with coming out of standby for some customers.

You should set your power savings settings to always on until the issue is fixed with a new firmware update.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is currently an issue with coming out of standby for some customers.

You should set your power savings settings to always on until the issue is fixed with a new firmware update.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have same issue. If leaving the box always on doesn't work (it doesn't for mine) the only way I've found round it is to leave the V 6 in standby but turn the TV OFF (ie do t leave the tv in standby). 

0 Kudos
frosty1977
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

I have same issue. If leaving the box always on doesn't work (it doesn't for mine) the only way I've found round it is to leave the V 6 in standby but turn the TV OFF (ie do t leave the tv in standby). 

You mean switching it off at the wall?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have never had this issue and I have my V6 set to the deepest sleep mode and put it in to Standby when not in use.

However I also set my TV to Standby when not in use and then unplug the TV when going to bed. Why have the TV on Standby when it is not is use for perhaps 18 hours a day?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frosty1977
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

I have never had this issue and I have my V6 set to the deepest sleep mode and put it in to Standby when not in use.

However I also set my TV to Standby when not in use and then unplug the TV when going to bed. Why have the TV on Standby when it is not is use for perhaps 18 hours a day?

Well lucky you! Then why leave your V6 box in standby? Unplug that too...

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

frosty1977 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

Well lucky you! Then why leave your V6 box in standby? Unplug that too...

What a pointless response. People usually come on here to raise issues and ask what others do to see if that might help them.

As regards the V6, like its predecessors it is intended to be on 24 hours a day as it might actually be doing useful things such as receiving EPG or other updates while it might also be set to record programmes over a 24 hour period. Rather different from having a TV in standby when, by definition,it is doing nothing.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos