Menu
Ninjawoody1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box fault 4k

Hi, been with Virgin a week and not had a single day where TV has worked all day yet. Get sound but no picture most the day, I can get all the menus but no picture on channels. Engineer said V6 boxes aren't working with 4k TVs. There is no fix for this currently and so I'm just having to have half a service until something happens. Great first week with Virgin ........

Anyone else got a 4k TV with the v6 box? Engineer said he had a few customers with same issue. What are my rights regarding exiting contract as obviously I'm not getting the service that was advertised or that I'm paying for and also no resolution in sight and no further contact.
0 Kudos
macsmurf
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box fault 4k

So the engineer said that the V6, one of the main selling points of which is that it offers 4K capability, is not compatible with 4K TV sets, the primary way of watching 4K? I think a little re-training might be needed there! Anyway, it certainly works fine with my 4K set, a Samsung 55KS7000.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Works with my Samsung 4K too. What is the exact make and model of your TV?

0 Kudos
Ninjawoody1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your replies, I questioned the exact same premise- that the box was designed for UHD, but to no avail.

My TV model is a Hisense HE58KEC730UWTSD

Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From the sound of it your TV is not sending the correct handshake to the V6, you could check for firmware updates

0 Kudos
Arnieoak
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try Changing settings on TiVo box to Help & Setting > Settings> Audio> Dolby Digital>Dolby Digital to PCM will restore stereo sound.

0 Kudos
Arnieoak
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing settings on TiVo box to Help & Setting > Settings> Audio> Dolby Digital>Dolby Digital to PCM will restore stereo sound."

0 Kudos